• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A 4.7 build!

This oil change will still be Comp break-in oil, and he's still going to have stick with a non-synthetic for at least a 1000 miles before changing to synthetic. I run nothing but Amsoil products but they are all great these days!

Most of the good stuff came from Russ, the crank and rods are Scat and the head is Russ's new 0331 big valve ported head. The cam is one of Russ's custom Comp Cams 68-236-4 Int: .478" lift/253* dur Exh: .494 lift/261* dur and the pistons are Autotec forged with about 9.4 CR. The header is a Bank's Torque Tube and the TB has been bored.

Most of the good stuff came from Russ, the crank and rods are Scat and the head is Russ's new 0331 big valve ported head. The cam is one of Russ's custom Comp Cams 68-236-4 Int: .478" lift/253* dur Exh: .494 lift/261* dur and the pistons are Autotec forged with about 9.4 CR. The header is a Bank's Torque Tube and the TB has been bored.

Impressive! I do not know the specs of the OEM cam but almost 0.5" advertised lobe lift added to the rocker ratio... How much clearance is there between the valves and the piston at TDC. I guess it is not enough to worry about.

What is the valve overlap? I would not think it would be enough to give even a mild lumpy idle.

The comp cam already includes the 1.6 rocker ratio. I did forget to add the cam is built with a 114*LSA! My current grind is on a 113* plus I changed to 1.7 rockers with my 68-232-4 cam and the 4.0 head can take a ton of clearance as it is a "non-interference" motor. These cams do not have an "lope" as they are specific for FI!

Back