• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 intake header suggestions?

knever3

NAXJA Forum User
I have an '87 Comanche 4wd that I have a 4.7L stroker built for it. I cannot for the life of me find difinitive information anywhere on the internet as to which exhaust header fits without mofication to the intake or exhaust.

Have:

4.7L stroker motor with '99 intake and aluminum bored throttle body.

Need!

Info on which header fits, I believe I would need a 2.5" collector so I can run 2.5" exhaust for the stroker. So far I can find headers with a smaller collector size and/or shorty headers. I cannot have my cake and eat it too. I want stainless steel so I don't have to worry about it going bad soon too.

So maybe I cannot have it all but I don't want to order and pay shipping both ways for something that doesn't fit. I called Summit and they didn't have anything that suits my needs.

Any help with experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Most will fit or at least should fit without too much problem. My Clifford header was a little in the way of the #6 runner of my intake so I had to file about a 1/16 off of a corner to get it fit flat properly. If anything you shouldn't have to go further than that for most headers. Castings are usually vary between 3/16 - 1/4 in different places, corners of the runners are usually thicker than the flat sections.

Banks makes a good one.

I ended up buying a aFe header, 409 stainless steel 1/2" flange, fits perfectly with the '99 intake.

DSC_0454.jpg

DSC_0455.jpg

DSC_0451.jpg

DSC_0452.jpg

DSC_0453.jpg

That look different. A little rough,....unfinished. I like the long runners, it should be good for low end power. I wonder how well it will hold up?

That look different. A little rough,....unfinished. I like the long runners, it should be good for low end power. I wonder how well it will hold up?

Unfortunately, there aren't too many longtube headers for the 4.0 out there. I think Borla ( http://www.carid.com/1993-jeep-cherokee-exhaust-systems/borla-headers-87524.html ) and clifford ( http://www.cliffordperformance.net/...de=CP&Product_Code=57-2015&Category_Code=J258 ) are the only choices for longtubes.

How much was that AFE? not that impress with the way they designed it, APN is around 150 bucks give or take and has a slightly better design IMO. Good luck with it!

How much was that AFE? not that impress with the way they designed it, APN is around 150 bucks give or take and has a slightly better design IMO. Good luck with it!

$437 I think, I am very impressed with it so that's all that counts in my book, I am happy with my purchase and the company's customer service. I would recommend it to anyone.

Those primaries are about the same length as everyone else's as it still has to connect to the factory down pipe. A set of pipes to move the Torque peak down to 2500 rpm would have to be 32" long...

At least that is what my calculator says.

Back