• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ Limited

Holy CRAP! They're 14 already? It doesn't seem like it's been thatlong since I've seen you guys!

Good plan though. My 10 year old wants a CJ5. No way he's getting the 78 with the V8 so i gotta find one with the old 4 bngr! LOL

Yea May 30th they will be 15. I have had Glenn driving for a couple years now and Ben started this year. He the straight 6 of that era was the grandady of our beloved 4.0l you know..... just sayin....

I know. But even that would scare me in a CJ5 speed wise for a 16 year old. A nice slow(er) 4 bngr from the late 60's would be choice! He already can start up and drive my '78 but a 16 year old with any V8 in any car is a bad idea in my book!! LOL...least of all a giant go-kart!!

I know. But even that would scare me in a CJ5 speed wise for a 16 year old. A nice slow(er) 4 bngr from the late 60's would be choice! He already can start up and drive my '78 but a 16 year old with any V8 in any car is a bad idea in my book!! LOL...least of all a giant go-kart!!

Agreed!

Some better shots of the jeep from a couple weeks ago.

IMG_2103_zpsd24fd489.jpg

IMG_2104_zpsa896d384.jpg

IMG_2106_zpsb5e8e19a.jpg

You can see the damage to the rear hatch. I have a new hatch and rear bumper for paint matching.

Last week when it was so nice someone insisted on it being washed.. twice:

IMG_2160_zpsbf5ae7de.jpg

One evening we pulled the seats:

IMG_2230_zpsaeee2761.jpg

They both have torn bottoms. Would like to fix that but IDK yet.

IMG_2228_zps784ac541.jpg

This comes out next for cleaning soon!

IMG_2229_zps5a295990.jpg

They both have torn bottoms. Would like to fix that but IDK yet.

IMG_2228_zps784ac541.jpg

I was quoted ~$200 per seat bottom from 3 different upholstery shops depending on whether actual leather was to be used etc.

I love to see young ones taking interest in their vehicles. That's awsome Glenn!!

Oh yeah. I was driving the week it came home. It's pulling full on DD duty, 40 miles a day.

Sweet! No We striped the interior. Monday is suppose to be a nice day. So I'll take the carpet and clean it then.

Did some more work on the 98 Limited over the Weekend. Tim came down and "schooled" me on AC and heater core replacement.

Wow! Pulled the whole dash! ...makes me wonder how I did it lol. I only pulled dash halfway, mostly passenger side, never messed with steering column, and I managed to get the heater/evap box out somehow... Took me 5 hours total to have AC charged?
Of course, I was working in an air conditioned BMW shop ;) maybe that explains it lol :dunno:

It is a lot of work though, glad to see Glenn getting his hands dirty wrenching on the jeep!

Is that an upcountry? I see a front skid and tow hooks

Yes. I believe this to be a rare jeep. I have seen very few upcountry packages and even fewer limited ones. This color was not the most seen either but I love it.

Yea Dan 8 bolts on the dash and 4 on the column and it all comes out. Only 3 wire connectors and one vacuum line. I figured I'd rather just pull the damn thing out the way.

Last edited:
Yes. I believe this to be a rare jeep. I have seen very few upcountry packages and even fewer limited ones. This color was not the most seen either but I love it.

Yea Dan 8 bolts on the dash and 4 on the column and it all comes out. Only 3 wire connectors and one vacuum line. I figured I'd rather just pull the damn thing out the way.

Yeah definitely, I haven't seen any 97+ upcountry's, like you said much less a limited. Looks like a gem of a find!

Yeah definitely, I haven't seen any 97+ upcountry's, like you said much less a limited. Looks like a gem of a find!

I think the one Nathan had at the Crawl last year was a Limited UpCountry and I think he bought it form someone on here he knew and the were the original owners and they ordered it new. I could be wrong on that.

Ive owned 2 upcountry XJs, one tan sport and one that green color in classic trim, which btw that green is popular up north, NY state dept of Enviro used them colored XJs for a while.

Here is some Trivia: The Rarest part of an UPcountry Package is ????

Last edited:
Back