• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ for sale - feeler and what's it worth?

After building many cars of different shapes and sizes I can tell you first hand you'll almost never get your money back out of an extensive rebuild like what you've done here. If a dealer offered you 15k I would take it because the private market won't support a price like that.

You cant tease me by listing everything you've done to it and then removing the pictures!!! Ha. Take the 15k and run!

as mentioned, i would just put it up for sale on craigslist for your asking price. if you are a good salesman, you may get what you ask for. a buddy called me last week for advice on a jet boat with a 455 olds engine and the hull was a bottom of the line back in the early 70s. he sold it for more than triple what it is worth.

I pulled the pics for privacy sake. I had a dealer randomly offer me 15K in cash for it on Tuesday and it piqued my curiosity. I don't need the money nor do I need to sell it. The offer kinda got me thinking about doing another one. If I could get what I had in parts back out it, it would justify building another. I like to tinker and this thing is so perfect, new and reliable now it's kinda boring.

If i would have been talking to this guy in the face as you was, i would have taken his money and walked home.

Back