• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

9 bolt steering wheel adapter

SicNastyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know if Grant or another company makes a 9 bolt steering wheel adapter that would fit my 01 Sport?? Looking to put either a Budnik or Billet Specialties wheel on it.

I'd like to change the wheel in my 93 but can't find any real info on it....

I'm thinking you will have issues finding what you need, since you have an airbag.

I'm thinking you will have issues finding what you need, since you have an airbag.

the only real issue (other than looking for a not so common adapter) is that the column is large and boxy and looks silly with an aftermarket wheel on it. I know I had mine like that for 5 years :D

The airbag is mechanical, you shouldn't have any issues removing the wheel and replacing it. be aware though the clock spring is easily damaged and if you break it your turn signals won't cancel anymore when you go around a corner (did that one too :doh:)

Speedway has a lot of hot rod stuff.
I found something that may work if the column is still anything like the GM's.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Steering-Column-Adapter-for-1967-97-GM,53373.html
91013244_L_15aefc88.jpg

the only real issue (other than looking for a not so common adapter) is that the column is large and boxy and looks silly with an aftermarket wheel on it. I know I had mine like that for 5 years :D

The airbag is mechanical, you shouldn't have any issues removing the wheel and replacing it. be aware though the clock spring is easily damaged and if you break it your turn signals won't cancel anymore when you go around a corner (did that one too :doh:)
the issue with removing an airbag is that it will never pass a legit inspection again.

Do you have any pics of yours, or links to what I need ??
I"m not about to pay 50 bucks for the above adapter for sheer astetics.......

Anyone know if Grant or another company makes a 9 bolt steering wheel adapter that would fit my 01 Sport?? Looking to put either a Budnik or Billet Specialties wheel on it.
If you don't have inspection, then you can swap an aftermarket wheel on. The grant pre-96 wheel adapter will work, you will have to modify your clockspring a bit to make it work correctly. So, get the grant wheel of your choice and the adapter.

If you don't have inspection, then you can swap an aftermarket wheel on. The grant pre-96 wheel adapter will work, you will have to modify your clockspring a bit to make it work correctly. So, get the grant wheel of your choice and the adapter.

Yea i don't have inspections here in my county so the airbag issue isn't a problem. I also have an aftermarket wheel on my 01 tacoma and the turn signals don't turn themselves off anymore so no issue there either.

Any help with finding the Grant part number for the pre-96 adapter?? I've emailed Grant but no response and their website isn't that great.

Back