• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

87' XJ?

Luke95

NAXJA Forum User
I may be hasta But what is the biggest tire I can put on my XJ without cutting the fenders on a stock lift?

Best transmission to replace my French piece?

29" without modifications.., unless your coils, and leafs are lowering vehicle below oem stock, i.e., tired suspension.

AX-15 seems to be the replacement, albeit with some little complications that are little headaches, and time expenditures. Some say the BA-10/5 is junk, but mine has 200k and, knock on wood, still ok. Avoid speed shifting.

How much torque would the AX-15 be able to hold up to? I am ooking to do some insane stuff down the road like 6.0 GM or 3.9L 4bt cummins

so your looking to drop in a 6.0 or 4bt but have to ask stupid tire fitment questions?

Yep I am good at fab but right now am saving for 4bt, and am getting my XJ back on the road.

I fail to see how that is a stupid question as a new XJ owner :cheers:

its real simple, stock xj with stock uncut fenders=stock tires, if your good at fab then start cutting to fit bigger

I've seen guys run 33s with no lift and tons of body modification...
I've seen enough rigs in person on 31s with little to no fender trimming. they rub like hell.

just think bump stops and lots of sheet metal cutting .

Back