• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'87 Comanche "Street Truck" Edition?

Not him... we arent on speaking terms.

StreetComanche1.jpg

Oooooooooooo My thats bad ass. Would love to have that.

Yes Richard has it.

Johnny took the shell.

Richard intends to fix it up a bit, paint it yellow and make it a shop truck. That's what every offroad shop needs for an advertisement, a lowered two wheel drive pickup with a trim package. ;)

No, Eagle tries to hoard all MJs he can find.
he just sold one to a friend of mine, and I might buy one too :yap:

This will be my third MJ if I pick it up, though I will likely be selling the second one I got because I really don't need three (only considering his because it's a longbed, which is what I was looking for when I picked up the second one.)

Yes, I have it. Still haven't fixed the fuel hose leak and tried to fire it up. I'm short on project time and money, but the plans for this are to fix it up, paint it yellow, lower it slightly, put G&G stickers on it, and drive it. I got a set of the gray spoked Jeep wheels from a TJ that should look good on it.

Over time, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up with a mildly built motor and 4.11 gears. A real street sleeper. :)

it's in southern california, it was hit in the bed but he got a bed and is going to have it fixed. i can find out more info if you're very serious.

Matt?
Do you still have this truck?

Probably the whiskey kicking in, but hard to follow Matt.

Matt?
Do you still have this truck?

Probably the whiskey kicking in, but hard to follow Matt.

Yes, I have it. Still haven't fixed the fuel hose leak and tried to fire it up. I'm short on project time and money, but the plans for this are to fix it up, paint it yellow, lower it slightly, put G&G stickers on it, and drive it. I got a set of the gray spoked Jeep wheels from a TJ that should look good on it.

Over time, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up with a mildly built motor and 4.11 gears. A real street sleeper. :)

:twak:

it's in southern california, it was hit in the bed but he got a bed and is going to have it fixed. i can find out more info if you're very serious.

Well, the aero kit is probably the most important part. For the right price I would be very interested. I actually have a clean spare bed. Is it gray by any chance? There was one in CA that was on Craigslist that was hit and was for sale a few monhts ago, was fixable though. Thx.

yea, probably the same one. i'll see what he wants, i'm sure he wants to make some money off of it though.

Well, it doesn't "run" at the moment, but I think that's from a dead battery and bad gas. But in any event, yes, it's a good deal.

I was wondering if anybody knew anything more about these trucks. Anybody?

-Matt

Hi Matt,
I frequent the ComancheClub.com forums but am always looking for Street Comanches and noticed your post.

I've got a website that I maintain in an attempt to document history and track the Street Comanches. Hope you don't mind that I have posted your pics there and a short blurb. Would love to see #16 returned to it's glory days instead of her having to hide behind the orange tree. :eeks1:

I've had conversations w/ John Archer about these trucks and am putting together details for a write up that I'll do soon. Of course I'm constantly busy so "soon" is a relative term to be sure. Happy to answer any questions I know the answer to.
Just drop me a line.

Steve / #24 of 100

Here it is as #16 currently sits. She acted as pit support vehicle for our 24 hour endurance race at Buttonwillow Raceway in July:

IMG_1444.jpg

VP2_3351.jpg

Feel free to use the images on your site, as long as you continue to promote Petty Cash Racing. Also, plans to turn #16 into a race car are on hold, so people can stop freaking out about a sacred icon being desecrated.

-Matt

Back