• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6th Annual Southern California XJ Fiesta Island 2008 BBQ/Potluck!

unfortunately, I'm out...The family and wife wants us to go to Chicago for a wedding. I'm bummed

Well crap if the dj is out
then someone better bring their ipod .... i would but i cant afford one

djblade311 said:
unfortunately, I'm out...The family and wife wants us to go to Chicago for a wedding. I'm bummed

I've got this 25% off coupon, you're showing. :)

We are exactly ONE week away from the cut off for getting your paypal in for catering. Please get your money in, There's only like 8 meal tickets in right now out of the 40 some odd people who said they were interested.

You have been warned. :D

Well fortunatly, I don't have much in the way of homebrew right now. but I will bring what I have and keep it in the camper. Maybe I can make a keg of cherry vanilla soda and keep it outside on ice. No 15.75% blueberry mead this year. we will keep everyone sane and happy.
I'll have my horseshoes out and ready to toss.
And it looks like I have the jetski's dialed in and running nicely. As usual, everyone of age is welcome to take them out into the bay. No time limits and no hogging. I have a few life jackets to stay safe and legal, and if anyone is new to riding them, I can give you the quick run down.
The only thing I'm gonna ask is for everyone to consider chipping in a few bucks to help me cover the cost of fuel. Each ski holds 15 gallons and I bring them out filled up with an extra 20-30 gallons on trailer to keep them topped off for the day. Thats over $200 in fuel that I could use a little help with.
But the cherry vanilla soda is on me...

Hey guys, for all who voted here:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=953806

The last day to pay up is this Saturday, that's TOMORROW folks. Please send your money as soon as you can to Cal's paypal.

Sticky here on paying: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=954049

Sticky about the event: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=243890053

Currently at:
scxjbbqrosterfri06134846a.jpg

If you don't see your name here, and want good eats, pay up ASAP tomorrow.

Also, if you don't make the deadline on the BBQ, don't fret, PLEASE come anyway, this is an option.

Final warning. :D

OK, this is the final list, hope to see everyone out there this Saturday regardless if you signed up for food, come on out anyway. I'm betting lots of people are going to bring their own.

2581860106_2fd7428343.jpg

I'll see u all at the party

just a reminder if your coming to this and need to get a part trained some place it is a perfect opertunity.

Hey Cal can you bring the d-44 stuff and ill bring the ecm for ya?

jeeperjohn you going to this? I have your washer bottle can bring it too

Karstic has a fan for me but isnt coming can some one drop by his place and pick it up?

Gerr said:
just a reminder if your coming to this and need to get a part trained some place it is a perfect opertunity.

Hey Cal can you bring the d-44 stuff and ill bring the ecm for ya?

jeeperjohn you going to this? I have your washer bottle can bring it too

Karstic has a fan for me but isnt coming can some one drop by his place and pick it up?

Awesome reminder. Parts train a plenty.

me haha

When you enter Fiesta Island it's a one way street that loops the entire island. As you round the north side you'll see all the Jeeps...unless you're there hella early, but with suggested temps of 91, I'm thinking this isn't gonna be an all day thing for me....I got sunburned to all hell last year as was.

anyone coming from going to long beach tomorrow. Need to parts train a tire to Paulhead. let me know thanks

SanDiegoXJ said:
When you enter Fiesta Island it's a one way street that loops the entire island. As you round the north side you'll see all the Jeeps...unless you're there hella early, but with suggested temps of 91, I'm thinking this isn't gonna be an all day thing for me....I got sunburned to all hell last year as was.

There's also a road that intersects the middle of the island, you can make a left at the fork, were generally just after that left that bisects the island. If you don't see us, just keep circling the island :D

Since its a potluck, should I bring something even though I am grabbing the catered stuff?

If ya'll want me to bring anything, just let me know I plan to run to the store before I go down...

Also, any one into RC cars?

I might bring mine!

Back