• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6th Annual Southern California XJ Fiesta Island 2008 BBQ/Potluck!

Sounds cool. I'll be there dependent upon how well things go for moving into our house and whatnot...

SanDiegoXJ said:
According to the OTL website, the Alcohal Ban doesn't apply to the infield area of Fiesta Island....perhaps we set up a little beer garden over there. =)

http://www.ombac.org/over_the_line/

That's true, it applies to the beaches. Right now they've got issues with the homeless drinking in alleys and stuff behind businesses since they've enacted the ban. Personally, they've got enough laws on the books to take care of out of control stuff. No need to ban that, oh wait, I said out of control, yeah, it's about control.... :(

Missed last year, will be there this year with the family

Hmm..

I was talking to the camp director of the BSA camp on Fiesta Island 10 minutes ago.

Lemme talk to him about camping.

IslanderOffRoad said:
Hmm..

I was talking to the camp director of the BSA camp on Fiesta Island 10 minutes ago.

Lemme talk to him about camping.

I don't know what BSA stands for, but I'm more bummed about the no alcohol this year. Stay tuned for information on the money for catering.

mikedashg said:
I don't know what BSA stands for, but I'm more bummed about the no alcohol this year. Stay tuned for information on the money for catering.

BSA is Boy Scouts of America I believe....and yeah, no beer on the beach sucks, but at least they didn't screw up OTL! =) And like I said, if they have the infield open, we can always set up a small beer garden for the drunks....as I recall, I spent my morning drinking and my afternoon passed out getting sun burned. Doesn't matter much where that happens. =)

Ok... so the scout camp there actually rents the campsites at the beach. He did say that alot of drinking happens on the infield so its allowed there.

Thats good to know...
I'll definately be there and hopefully without my kid

Back