• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6.0 LS Swap

i am a customer of jeremy's & the owner of the XJ that jeremy has been working on since march 2015. i really hate to do it but this situation is ridiculous and i'm fed up, and maybe i will save someone else the massive amount of frustration i've been experiencing the past 6 months.

i dropped the jeep off at jeremys place on March 29, 2015 and still have no real indication of when i'll be getting it back and what shape it will be in. every few weeks i get a text with something to the effect of "it's almost done it's almost done" and then radio silence for weeks until another issue pops up. this has been a pattern over the past 3+ months.

i had to cancel 3 flights last minute (one about 5 hours before i boarded, the others within a day before) that i scheduled to come pick the jeep up over the summer due to last minute issues.

i actually did finally go down to atlanta to pick it up on July 7, 2015 (picture of my receipt attached). i flew down with a buddy and the plan was to road trip back up to ny for a week. well, turns out, the jeep was not even close to finished and we ended up spending the week working on the jeep with jeremy and running back and forth to parts stores for him. all while paying for a rental car and hotels, in hopes that it could just get done and we could bring it back up. nope, had to buy return tickets + burned both of our summer time-off for nothing. jeremy promised to have the jeep finished within a few weeks and deliver it close to me. that did not happen.

this was a huge, complicated job. it was a gen iv swap (way more complicated than gen iii) with everything included + upgraded brakes front and back + steering + lift. jeremy has had what sounds like a really rough summer with illness in his family and some serious injuries to himself.

but i dropped the jeep off at the end of march, it is october now and i still don't have an idea about when i can get it back or even know what the status of the jeep is. this is NOT how you want to do business. jeremy has been very nice and friendly (when you can get him on the line), and there is no doubt he has put a ton of work into this job. but the way he has handled this build leads me to believe he either doesn't care at all about his customers or just cannot manage a project of this size.

again i hate to post stuff like this on the internet but i just want my jeep back. it's been the whole summer and into the fall with no light at the end of the tunnel. i've already filed a claim with the GA consumer protection bureau and my next step is legal action.

2446650d1444786273t-xj-6-0l-ls-swap-screenshot-2015-10-13-21.12.44.jpg

2446658d1444786273t-xj-6-0l-ls-swap-screenshot-2015-10-13-16.50.40.jpg

Last edited:
he told me about a month ago that he had worked out all the issues involved with the gm ecm/tcm/bcm. which, if it's true, is pretty impressive. however, there are still issues with the xj ecu/instrument cluster - it gives a no bus signal and none of the gauges work, which means it won't pass inspection and wont be drivable. i don't know where he is with that.

latest i've heard he is fighting some leaks in the transfer case and he's been pulling it and putting it back in a bunch. again, i don't know where he is with this, latest i've heard about it was a week ago.

he finally got back to me this morning - only after i posted all this bs - saying the jeep will be ready in a week. we'll see. i've heard that probably 20 times at this point. he also scrubbed all my comments off of his bristol motorsports fb page + another customer's that had chimed in to say they had issues w his work in the past as well.

i really hope he can pull it together but from my experience thus far i'm not holding my breath.

just want my jeep back in working order. after the massive investment i've made in time and money i think i at least deserve that.

Last edited:
does anyone have info on a tranny mount?? ive tried getting ahold of jeremy and i finally found the thread again. ive got almost all the parts to finish mine i just need an idea on tranny mount. if nothing i guess ill buy an angle guage but if someone has a mount for a 4l60 or 80 id love some info.

He posted a video to his Youtube channel about 2 months ago.

Back