• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 cylinder 4.0

DIKASUN

NAXJA Forum User
so yesterday i changed my sparkplugs like i do every month.... i had to get 2 new wires because they broke. i guess i forgot to press them down really well on the distributor cap.... i hit a speed bump and after that i thought i was about to run out of gas. i made it home with an awkwardly sputtering engine. before i went to get gas today, i checked under the hood and found that 2 of the wires were off the cap (the ones i replaced). So basically i ran on a 4 cylinder 4.0 engine. this is possibly the most pointless post ever.... but i already typed all the above, so i can just delete it. respond if you must.

haha fun times i had my coil wire go out on my 2.5 xj motor so i took a wire from a spark plug and used it as the coil wire ,ran bad and soundeed like a wrx lol.

DIKASUN said:
this is possibly the most pointless post ever.... but i already typed all the above, so i can just delete it. respond if you must.

x2

DIZZYMAC said:
why do you change plugs every month?

x2

i change my plugs once a month because they make my engine lose power because they get coated with this white crystals. i'm not sure what it is, but i think it's oil in the combustion chamber.

Ash Fouled

plug_ashfouled.jpg

A build-up of combustion deposits stemming primarily from the burning of oil and/or fuel additives during normal combustion ... normally non-conductive. When heavier deposits are allowed to accumulate over a longer mileage period, they can "mask" the spark, resulting in a plug misfire condition.

thats what it looks like, but i think mine would make a better example, because sometimes it's worse than that. Since we're at it.... anybody know what could be causing it?

DIKASUN said:
Ash Fouled

plug_ashfouled.jpg

A build-up of combustion deposits stemming primarily from the burning of oil and/or fuel additives during normal combustion ... normally non-conductive. When heavier deposits are allowed to accumulate over a longer mileage period, they can "mask" the spark, resulting in a plug misfire condition.

thats what it looks like, but i think mine would make a better example, because sometimes it's worse than that. Since we're at it.... anybody know what could be causing it?

Since we're at it.... anybody know what could be causing it?

A build-up of combustion deposits stemming primarily from the burning of oil and/or fuel additives during normal combustion ...

there you answered your own question..............

scorpio_vette said:

A build-up of combustion deposits stemming primarily from the burning of oil and/or fuel additives during normal combustion ...

Never taken a logic class have ya...

scorpio_vette said:

I can read. What I meant was a specific thing that could be causing my engine to be burning oil... as in something i could fix so it would stop. i know you wouldn't know for sure, but maybe some possiblilities?

do you have blue smoke from the tailpipe? That's burning oil. You'll likely see it at startup, or when you step on the gas at a stoplight. usually it's leaking valveguide seals or worn rings.Either way you're taking aprt the motor to fix it, and you're likely just better off doing a rebuild.
Do you by chance also have oil in your air filter?

Back