• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4:88s, AW-4, 33s on a DD?

Jeepin_rebel said:
@!#$ Ok..hmmm any idea on where i can get the new carrier? ei Junk yard? Are the thick gears for the stock 30 35,or if i run 4.56 do i still need to change out my carriers.....im runnin the 30 35 setup
$50 or so from randy's gear and pinion.

ChuckD said:
Yes you need to change your carrier, there are no thick gears for the other axles. D30's break is at 3.55, the D35 is at 3.73. Chysler 8.25's are the only axles that you do not have to change the carrier for.

Before putting that money into your D35, Please consider buying a better axle. D44's can be found, Chysler 8.25 (29 spline, but limited to 4.56), Ford 8.8 and the Toyota rear axles are good swaps also. They all have there +/-'s but they are all better than the D35.
This is true ...but .....im in the army....there for im poor.lol unless some one would like to donate.lol

Jeepin_rebel said:
This is true ...but .....im in the army....there for im poor.lol unless some one would like to donate.lol

Axle's are not al that bad. Lately D44's have been popping up in the local pick-n-pulls. One guy here in Fresno picked up a D44 for $56, he only need the shafts and brakes. He traded the housing for labor on his gears. I was able to find my D44 for $100. I'm sure you'll find 8.25's for about the same amount of money.

I Understand about being poor, add a couple kids and a house payment. Save money, Work hard, gain some rank, and buy some new axles.

Otherwise wheel what you have. If you need tires soon, get the size that matches you gears now. There are plenty of cheap deals out there and Ebay and the classifieds are a great source.

Back