• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33 spline axles for 8.25

klcs

NAXJA Forum User
I heard superior is working on a 33 spline axle kit for 8.25. Does anybody know when they are going to come out.

I was up at rustys offroad and was talking to him about 29 sp axles , and he said hold off superior is comming out with 33 sp axles

I would like to know who makes a diff for the 33 spline 8.25. :wierd:

This is something that I talked about with Mike, the owner of Superior, when I met him at SEMA this year. I was pleased to hear that he was considering making a Super 8.25 kit. At that time he told me he still had to get ARB and/or Detroit to make the carrier. (They make carriers for all the "Super" kits already, so its not like its a new idea...) Perhaps I will call him tomorrow and see if he has in fact decided to do it. If I find anything out I'll let you know.

So if ARB decides to make a carrier, what are the chances of them making a locker?

But then again, this plays into what I will be evaluating down the road:

Do I try to build up my 29 spline 8.25 or do I just do a swap?

Who really cares about needing 33 spline shafts for the 8.25 till its really necasary. kinda a moot point since 4.56's is the lowest you could go. I don't think to many people are breaking 29 spline shafts on 33"s and 4.56 gears...
Don't ya think. maybe when someone comes out with some 4.88 gears for the damn axle it'd be worth going to 33 spline shafts, but until then, your money is better spent somewhere else...

And dont forget its still a C-clip axle!

Well i have 27 sp axles in my 93 i was thinking of going to 29sp, but if i can get 33sp thats what i want to do. I broke 7 axles in my 2000 tj d35 even with a full floater 27sp.

why would superior make a super 8.25 kit anyways? im a little confused. as ryan has already pointed out, 4.56 is the lowest you can gear, and what other vehicles did the 8.25 come with? not many (libbys and what else?....small market) it seems like they wouldnt make any money on the kit expecially working with another company who has to make a special carrier/locker for it

-Tim

Some Dodge trucks have 8.25, and a lot of older dodge cars.I think a lot of people would buy the kit for peace of mind i know i would.

jeepnuts311 said:
why would superior make a super 8.25 kit anyways? im a little confused. as ryan has already pointed out, 4.56 is the lowest you can gear, and what other vehicles did the 8.25 come with? not many (libbys and what else?....small market) it seems like they wouldnt make any money on the kit expecially working with another company who has to make a special carrier/locker for it

-Tim

Why does Superior already sell shafts for the 8.25, and ARB already make a locker for the 8.25? It must make money. It must not take much more money for them to retool a few pieces. ? ?
4.56 works for me. It works even better with the 4:1 Rock-Trac case AND keeping the street friendly axle ratio for daily drivers.

My question is why does Superior sell axle shafts with a warranty and then does not honor their warranty?
Stay away from unSuperior.

I am sure a lot of people said "why would anybody make a super 35 kit" but they do, and it sells, so why not a Super 8.25.

Rawbrown said:
Who really cares about needing 33 spline shafts for the 8.25 till its really necasary. kinda a moot point since 4.56's is the lowest you could go. I don't think to many people are breaking 29 spline shafts on 33"s and 4.56 gears...
Don't ya think. maybe when someone comes out with some 4.88 gears for the damn axle it'd be worth going to 33 spline shafts, but until then, your money is better spent somewhere else...
you must be keeping it in the garage,sombody is working on ur rearend.:pig:

Back