• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3-link

What about the new Tera setup adapted to the XJ? from pics I've seen it looks pretty simple but effective. At least for us sissy D30 guys.:anon:

Matt, do you think that bushing will live long with the axial front to back movement of suspension articulation. I realize that setup will do nicely for twist in one plane, but what happens when the left goes forward and the right goes to the back?

Big daddy, you know the winch I want. I'm lookin' to keep it under 5 bills cuz I'm gonna put rope on it.

Beezil, you love me and you know it:rolleyes:

Sean

Thats why I had a heim in there originally but after two failures I decided that I needed something that could fail without dumping the front end out... I had the choice between a JJ and a standard bushing - I went with the same bushing I was using on the lowers so all the parts are the same for the purposes of spares.

The bushing proved to have sufficient misalignment to take up the arc radius of the lowers (the front to back movement you are talking about which = ~1.5" at the wheel ends) The trouble I am having now is the ears of the bushing keep getting milled off by the collar...

I think I may go to a RE spherical bearing as it can take the side load better - My concern with a bronze bushing would be deformation from the side loading and the inability to make up for wear...

If I was starting from scratch again I would build the link around a much bigger trailer spindle and use a 1" bore 1.25" shank heim and mount it with the bore running up and down - using the misalignment to account for the vertical movement of the link - this way all the loading of the heim is along the race not across it...

Anyone off hand have the widths of the two sizes of RE spherical joints (7/16" bolt and 9/16" bolt)... I am wondering if I have to build a new mount or can modify my existing one... :rolleyes:

Matt

Back