• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2JZGTE swap this summer...

I'm 99% sure that I need to tie that IACV into the system ANYWHERE after the MAF and before the throttle body. ECU needs to be able to meter that air at idle. :)

seriously jonesing for a video over here.

Me too. Still have to hook up the rear O2, install the sub throttle sensor resistors, and get the safety inspection gigs taken care of (a cracked tail light and a damaged wheel stud w/ missing lug nut)...but I have been distracted and will continue to be until the race is over next weekend. I've been working on connecting a turbo to an intercooler and an intake that was made for twin turbos...and we put a GTR tip on it just for fun. The car would be competing to defend it's title in the NHRDA world finals, but our driver just blew out her knee. We will still race, but it won't be official, as I understand. *sigh*

If anyone is interested, you can see more pics here:

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/ckassem/Hamilton/

69189_825012352017_388477735_n.jpg

Let's hear more about that oil burner engine.

I did get rid of the last code and no longer have a CEL, but I'm sure it won't pass inspection without the rear O2 installed and wired in...

OBDII emissions check only looks at the CEL and computer codes, at least here in MD. As long as the light is off and you have no codes...you pass :rolleyes:

Yessir...I will be in Ennis. Hopefully will still can run the car, but I think we are already out of the title defense. A "project" I got hired for happened to be putting a new engine in last year's Top Diesel championship car, the red NX car driven by a girl named Emily. I'm told she is not going to be driving any more, so that will change things. Basically we'll have a car with no professional driver. Hopefully we'll see how fast the new owner is willing to take it and log some good data. There is a whole new intake in store for that baby...what you see now is me trying to make due at the last minute. Good times.

Look for the "Hamilton Cams" booth.

@Dukie: I went yesterday to an inspection station and it is not that simple.

So here is the emissions update.

There is a new CEL letting me know it doesn't like the secondary speed sensor being gone. I'm going to try to just resistor it to the spec in the manual and see if that clears it. Might be different though. We'll see. Here in emissions counties in Texas I have to pass what is called a Readiness Test. It reads as follows:

Readiness Test Status Results

Misfire Status = Complete
Fuel Status = Complete
Comprehensive Status = Complete
Catalyst Status = Not Complete
Heated Catalyst Status = Not Available
Evaporative Status = Not Available
Secondary Air Status = Not Available
AC Status = Not Available
Oxygen Status = Not Complete
Oxygen Heater Status = Not Complete
EGR Status = Not Complete

Catalyst status is not complete, meaning it probably just needs to be heat cycled properly by driving the vehicle. I assume this is calculated by the ecu based on O2 information and the CTS possibly.
Heated Catalyst Status I'm not 100% sure yet, but I may need to change my FG O2 sensor to a newer one from an OBDII car.
Evaporative Status will require me to install a vsv, vacuum hoses and route them to a charcoal canister according to the 2JZ manual.
Secondary Air Status and AC Status can stay that way and pass...so they will for now.
Oxygen Status and Oxygen Heater Status will likely be fine once I connect the tail pipe O2 sensor (Jeep one is already OBDII).
EGR Status will be corrected when I source the stock US Supra VSV for EGR, an EGR Vacuum Modulator, and an EGR valve. Then I have to install it all. :)

There is still a bulb, a cracked lens, and a missing lug nut waiting as well, lol.

Well Poo...

At least provide us with a video of the awesomeness!

Had to swap injector plugs for the new 550cc injectors.

SprintPhoto_iqereu.jpg

SprintPhoto_hqereu.jpg

SprintPhoto_gqereu.jpg

SprintPhoto_fqereu.jpg

SprintPhoto_eqereu.jpg

SprintPhoto_dqereu.jpg

SprintPhoto_cqereu.jpg

SprintPhoto_bqereu.jpg

Now I'm working on tieing the EGR in to the manifold. Kinda hated to do this, but I should have known I'd need it and designed it in initially.

Re-oriented the cast valve body.

EGR01.jpg

EGR02.jpg

EGR03.jpg

EGR04.jpg

Cut a compression fitting coupling in half and made the 2 hole flange a compression fitting connection.

EGR05.jpg

EGR01.jpg

EGR06.jpg

Welded 3rd compression fitting onto runner no. 6 of the exhaust manifold.

EGR07.jpg

EGR08.jpg

EGR09.jpg

EGR10.jpg

Will continue asap.

Still need to drill and tap the upper plenum, but this is essentially how the EGR system will be.

SprintPhoto_bvbwri.jpg

I should be good using a Ford O2 up top and the Jeep O2 post-cat...they are all 4 wire. We'll see. Also need to mount the two vsv's and route the wiring and hoses for the EGR and the EVAP systems.

Well done getting Legal!

No more jail bait, huh?
We've all been waiting for this day to come...
Awesome work man.

Back