• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ Salvage

Need more pictures --- more underneath and of the front suspension
on side that is damaged. It would be worth a trip up there to look.
What "red tape" is there to take off the salvage title once fixed ???

Or look at it this way: all the parts are worth more than $1900 !!!!!

Randy PS: I purchased my XJ last year up in your area (Studio City on Ventura).

Yes it is my Jeep. My son was driving it right after Christmas and a 16 year old young lady turned left, right in front of him.
The transfer case is split in half, left shock and coil spring are gone.
Driver side window is gone.
The engine starts right up and the car is movable. Transmission works forward and reverse.
I've owned it for 10 years, all scheduled maintenance performed.
Depending on which vehicle we replace this with, I might have a Warn front bumper and Warn rock rails for sale.

Already been offered $1500, and pick up today.
I don't believe you can ever take "salvage" off the title, once it has been declared.
A lot of people are driving salvaged cars....flood damage etc.

what Grimmy said. And it's not insurable other than liability with 99% if not all companies. And if you were offered 1500, i'd take it and run.

There are ways to get salvage off the title but it is a lengthy process. I've owned alot of stuff over the years that was salvaged titled and have never had an issue with insurance on any of them. My current 2000 XJ is a salvage title and insured thru State farm full cobverage. State Farm and AAA didn't even blink when I was getting quotes. If I only had the cash.....

GLWS

Well, Little Bluey just left the driveway. Sad to see her go out on a trailer after 10 years of fun ownership. The new owners plan on fixing it up and getting back in the dirt.
Tried to find another clean XJ, but no luck. Ended up getting a pristine 2006 TJ-X.
Last year of the 4.0 and so on. Kind of fun having a Wrangler after all these years in an XJ.
Not a scratch on the undercarriage, must have been all freeway/mall miles.
Now the new build begins.......

Back