• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

selling my 98 - whats a fair price?

Maybe 4000 and that's on the high side. Stock axles and that body damage bring you down in price IMHO. What lift do you have, is there a SYE?

That thing is really rough and shows lack of caring so it's going to be a tough sell at that price!

There is a bit of inconsistency in your comment that the first engine was rebuilt at 140K miles and yet the 4L routinely lives to 300K. :) Unfortunately, you'll probably not be able to get much for it despite likely significant investment.

$3-3.5k. Miles are too high and condition is too rough for what you are asking. $6500 gets you a low mile clean XJ or a higher mile modified XJ on 33s (but much cleaner than what you have). If I was a buyer and saw the cosmetic condition, I wouldn't have much confidence in the mechanical condition assuming it would have been neglected just like the cosmetics. Not street legal is also not doing you any favors. Best of luck.

LOL!!
awesome. I noticed they're getting hard to find for sale, so yes, price is a bit higher than it should be. it's called wiggle room fellas.

Yes it has a SYE
4.5" rubicon express lift
I'll find the horn and get it registered.

as far as the miles, i didn't say EVERY 4.0 lives that long. and no idea what happened to it before I bought it. just that a well maintained 4.0 can run for quite a few miles.

thx for the feedback

I got ~420K on my 99 (no longer own it). It did develop wrist pin noise at about 416K but it still ran great.
My buddy would always say "turn up the radio and you won't notice".:wave1:

My 2000 XJ's motor cracked the skirt on #6, 280K on the clock. Amazingly, the head was not cracked. Also, the coolant was bad. I mean really chocolate brown bad, when I got it. I thought the oil was good, but when I took it apart, the sides of the oil pan had a film of black oil caked on.
So, 60K on a rebuilt motor. I am taking it as "No Rust'. XJ's are getting scarce. Prices have gone up. Especially of late. Also, no shots of the interior. I'd keep it at what you have listed. My gut says $5,200. I think peoples money has been tight of late.

My 2000 XJ's motor cracked the skirt on #6, 280K on the clock. Amazingly, the head was not cracked. Also, the coolant was bad. I mean really chocolate brown bad, when I got it. I thought the oil was good, but when I took it apart, the sides of the oil pan had a film of black oil caked on.
So, 60K on a rebuilt motor. I am taking it as "No Rust'. XJ's are getting scarce. Prices have gone up. Especially of late. Also, no shots of the interior. I'd keep it at what you have listed. My gut says $5,200. I think peoples money has been tight of late.

standard gray interior is all there including the headliner that's held in place by 50 staples. I'll add some shots.

yes, Texas based rust free XJ

$3-3.5k. Miles are too high and condition is too rough for what you are asking. $6500 gets you a low mile clean XJ or a higher mile modified XJ on 33s (but much cleaner than what you have). If I was a buyer and saw the cosmetic condition, I wouldn't have much confidence in the mechanical condition assuming it would have been neglected just like the cosmetics. Not street legal is also not doing you any favors. Best of luck.

it is modified and on 33's FWIW. Thx.

Id cut your add in half a list it for 7 then let someone talk you down to 6.

I dont think it matters what words are in the add. Put a price on it with lots of pictures

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

After a month on Craigslist you should have a feel for what the market will support in your area!
Did you ever get it registered?

Back