• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1998 XJ driver side kick panel

I'm not butthurt one bit, I just like to point out your rudeness. It Doesn't matter if I'm paying or not, I'm not the one who went off the handle on someone who gave a legit answer. I could care less if you're a paying member or not, you don't have a reason to be rude like you were and being still. Now if he said something along the lines of "google ya newb" then I can understand, but he didn't. Stop being a dick or GTFO.

Keep on postin kid!

I was pretty specific by saying the connector behind the kick panel closest to the driver from the firewall... To be more specific its the one closest to the door opening if you don't understand the first discription.

Drivers door is the only one that does not light the dome, I bet thats what it is. I didn't even think that was the door switch, all my other vehicals only had 1 or 2 wires for the door light.

Seems odd the door switch would have power going to it where it can blow the fuse...

While I was looking into this, I soldered all the wires in the drivers door hinge area and now the lock buttons are always lit without a key and the battery was dead the next morning. Jumped it an now the engine noise over the drivers side rear speaker. Can also hear a pop in that speaker when any electrical component is turned on such as turn signals and headlights, blower motor...
Good times!

I miss my old XJ for sure, these newer ones with the china wiring or whatever the problem is, is crap!
sounds like you have a decent ground issue. while soldering the wires did you expose wires or mix them up.

what are the wire colors on the three plug?

It doesn't stop there, he's already sent a pm telling me to **** off lol

Wonder if I'm gong to get a 'Thank You' note too?

It's really too bad that when a question is asked, and the answers given are not what were expected or wanted, that some folks get upset about it, instead of letting it go.
Some questions are so specific that they require specialized knowledge that few have, much less the ones monitoring the forum at the moment. I had no idea what electrical plug the OP wanted to know about but I do know how I would go about finding the answer...by pulling out the FSM and spending the time needed to sort out the confusing schematics and tables. Done it many times, don't know any other way.

Calling people names is something we should have learned not to do in kindergarten, it's not at all productive or likely to promote warm feelings or the urge to help, to the contrary, it does the opposite.
Now if you were asking the same questions over at Pirate, I'm sure they would be more polite, give them a try.

Wonder if I'm gong to get a 'Thank You' note too?

It's really too bad that when a question is asked, and the answers given are not what were expected or wanted, that some folks get upset about it, instead of letting it go.
Some questions are so specific that they require specialized knowledge that few have, much less the ones monitoring the forum at the moment. I had no idea what electrical plug the OP wanted to know about but I do know how I would go about finding the answer...by pulling out the FSM and spending the time needed to sort out the confusing schematics and tables. Done it many times, don't know any other way.

Calling people names is something we should have learned not to do in kindergarten, it's not at all productive or likely to promote warm feelings or the urge to help, to the contrary, it does the opposite.
Now if you were asking the same questions over at Pirate, I'm sure they would be more polite, give them a try.

Go back to your california lifestyle!

sounds like you have a decent ground issue. while soldering the wires did you expose wires or mix them up.

what are the wire colors on the three plug?

No, I have done tons of electrical work over the years, I always use solder and heatshrink and cut the nasty wiring out. All colors were matched, done one at a time and I didn't need to add any wire. The ones that were only cracked I cut, soldered and heatshrank as well. Resoldered all of the joints on the circuitboard for the power windows while I was in there. All window switches work again and so do the locks.

Seems like a short somewhere, I'll have to trace the rear speaker wires. It was sitting a little while ago I went out there, it sounded like welding over the rear speaker and this is with no key in the ignition, been sitting for a few hours...

Lock switch on the doors supposed to stay lit always? It's a slight bit dimmer then if the ignition was on.

Go back to your california lifestyle!

That's an insult?
You can do better than that. Did you enjoy your winter?
We had days of torrential sprinkles this year and I wasn't able to keep my suntan at its best. Did I mention being able to four wheel in the desert all winter long without chains or mud. Yes, California sucks.

Oh, California is capitalized, just like Minnesota.

Keep postin! Post whore!

No, I have done tons of electrical work over the years, I always use solder and heatshrink and cut the nasty wiring out. All colors were matched, done one at a time and I didn't need to add any wire. The ones that were only cracked I cut, soldered and heatshrank as well. Resoldered all of the joints on the circuitboard for the power windows while I was in there. All window switches work again and so do the locks.

Seems like a short somewhere, I'll have to trace the rear speaker wires. It was sitting a little while ago I went out there, it sounded like welding over the rear speaker and this is with no key in the ignition, been sitting for a few hours...

Lock switch on the doors supposed to stay lit always? It's a slight bit dimmer then if the ignition was on.

Do you have a factory or aftermarket radio? maybe try unplugging the radio and see if it still makes noise?

Also the best way to get help ANYWHERE here and in life is to NOT be a dick to people. :loveu:

Back