• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1998 XJ driver side kick panel

XJRubicon

NAXJA Forum User
Been searching, all I come up with is the door harness fixes and power windows... car alarm installs...

Looking to figure out what the last harness connector, closest to driver from firewall in the drivers side kick panel is. small 3 wire connector.

Kept the dash radio and interior lights from working by blowing the IPM fuse.

Since I disconnected this 3 wire connector, all is well.

But I am left wondering what the hell it was...

Seatbelt?

Rear dome light?

I donno...

My chilton I have is for 96' and older! :bawl:

Thanks for the help!
XJR

I meant the IOD fuse...

No one knows what the connector is?

Suggest you find a FSM, for your model year, and use the schematics to trace out the plugs and its circuits.
The FSM has all the plugs, wires, splices and grounds listed. It's all in there.
You are the one who has to sort it out...or pay someone to do it.

Suggest you find a FSM, for your model year, and use the schematics to trace out the plugs and its circuits.
The FSM has all the plugs, wires, splices and grounds listed. It's all in there.
You are the one who has to sort it out...or pay someone to do it.

Wow, people like you really piss me off!

Its a simple question, if you don't have the answer stfu!
No need to show what a **** you are!

Well that's kinda rude, he gave solid advice, you posted no pics, so there's no way any of us can identify what YOURE asking (emphasize that as your explanation isn't the greatest) look into finding another fsm, chilton, or Haynes and start looking.

This is the exact reason I stopped using this forum years ago.

Its not my fault you can't understand english. If you can't help don't post a-hole!

Really! lol
So you don't have the smarts to learn these things when an answer is quickly available. I don't know the exact answer but I do know how to look things up.
Obviously you dont't.

Anyone who does their own work NEEDS to own the proper year FSM.
And that advice makes me an a..hole.

That is still good advice.
I have been a paid member of NAXJA for over ten years and don't need this crap from freeloaders.
Have a wonderful day.

Listen asshole, I like a lot of other people have a lot of things going on... It was worth a shot to see if anyone had run into it before. Usually with these electrical gremlins its a common thing and people have dealt with it before. You wanna be a douche and ramble off about how you don't think I am going about my problem correctly I don't believe its your place to make that call.

Bottom line if you don't know then don't post. Its a very simple concept. I asked a specific question.

Really! lol
So you don't have the smarts to learn these things when an answer is quickly available. I don't know the exact answer but I do know how to look things up.
Obviously you dont't.

Anyone who does their own work NEEDS to own the proper year FSM.
And that advice makes me an a..hole.

That is still good advice.
I have been a paid member of NAXJA for over ten years and don't need this crap from freeloaders.
Have a wonderful day.

You are the one who stuck your nose in this... Maybe you should invoke your fifth amendment right?

As for the FSM You are a joke. Its not a requirement of answering my question.

Is it that time of the month for you or what?!? Go eat some chocolate or something Jesus

And we gave you a specific answer, the only way to know is you look up the wiring diagram or trace the damn wire. Pull that tampon out a little, adjust your panties a bit and stop acting like a idiot.

Way to go asshole!

question does your dome lights still come on when you open your door? just wondering if its the door light switch connector. and the problem with your simple question is theres alot of differnt 3 wire connectors on a XJ.

Way to go asshole!

NAXJA member rules state:
Rudeness toward another Forum participant will not be tolerated. Any participant who is intentionally unpleasant, obscene, or disruptive will receive one (1) warning. Any participant who offends after receiving a warning may be suspended for a period of time determined by the BOD, or banned permanently without further warning.

Maybe we need a moderator's attention.

Rudeness toward another Forum participant will not be tolerated. Any participant who is intentionally unpleasant, obscene, or disruptive will receive one (1) warning. Any participant who offends after receiving a warning may be suspended for a period of time determined by the BOD, or banned permanently without further warning.

It doesn't stop there, he's already sent a pm telling me to **** off lol

LoL call the cops!

XJRubicon said:
I asked for an answer to a question that I am sure someone knows the answer to on this forum. You chose to be an asshole by telling me to buy a book or pay someone. Thats the exact response I would expect from some asshat who has never done anything on their truck. Real trucks are built not bought man. I think you should put your manhood back in your pants and get your better then everyone else ass off your high horse and get a ****ing clue.

I stated very clearly about what and where the connector is... If you didn't know you should have not posted!

^this is what he sent me, funny how he says I'm the kind of guy who doesn't work on my rig yet he's not willing to follow the wire on his own rig nor look up the wiring diagram for his jeep...., -_-

question does your dome lights still come on when you open your door? just wondering if its the door light switch connector. and the problem with your simple question is theres alot of differnt 3 wire connectors on a XJ.

I was pretty specific by saying the connector behind the kick panel closest to the driver from the firewall... To be more specific its the one closest to the door opening if you don't understand the first discription.

Drivers door is the only one that does not light the dome, I bet thats what it is. I didn't even think that was the door switch, all my other vehicals only had 1 or 2 wires for the door light.

Seems odd the door switch would have power going to it where it can blow the fuse...

While I was looking into this, I soldered all the wires in the drivers door hinge area and now the lock buttons are always lit without a key and the battery was dead the next morning. Jumped it an now the engine noise over the drivers side rear speaker. Can also hear a pop in that speaker when any electrical component is turned on such as turn signals and headlights, blower motor...
Good times!

I miss my old XJ for sure, these newer ones with the china wiring or whatever the problem is, is crap!

^this is what he sent me, funny how he says I'm the kind of guy who doesn't work on my rig yet he's not willing to follow the wire on his own rig nor look up the wiring diagram for his jeep...., -_-

Its nice that you like to troll peoples threads but if you can get over being butthurt, I am sure you can find something in life to make you happy.

You never even been a paid member here. How about you go solve some problems with your book?

Its nice that you like to troll peoples threads but if you can get over being butthurt, I am sure you can find something in life to make you happy.

You never even been a paid member here. How about you go solve some problems with your book?

I'm not butthurt one bit, I just like to point out your rudeness. It Doesn't matter if I'm paying or not, I'm not the one who went off the handle on someone who gave a legit answer. I could care less if you're a paying member or not, you don't have a reason to be rude like you were and being still. Now if he said something along the lines of "google ya newb" then I can understand, but he didn't. Stop being a dick or GTFO.

Back