• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$173 for an alternator?

I have one off of a 95 xj that you can have for $35 plus a little for gas money. We're only a couple of hours apart, we might be able to meet up somewhere.

I am gonna throw out some defense for the POS lifetime alternators. Yes, it is a bitch changing alternators every once in a while, but if you buy a 100% new alternator that has a lifetime warrantee from, well say Autozone, you are only dishing out the money once. As long as you own the vehicle if your alternator craps out you can pull the junk one off, hitch a ride with a buddy to where ever you bought it and get a new one.

Once again, yes it is a pain to do all of this, but Autozone is gonna keep my MJ on the road for a long time. Everything I have replaced in the last 6 months will never have to be bought again. And I have a quite healthy list of lifetime parts, and it only grows every time something new craps out.

LazarusMJ said:
I am gonna throw out some defense for the POS lifetime alternators. Yes, it is a bitch changing alternators every once in a while, but if you buy a 100% new alternator that has a lifetime warrantee from, well say Autozone, you are only dishing out the money once.

New > rebuilt. I was talking about their rebuilt crap.

Back