• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$11 Bastard Leaf Pack Writeup. *Tons of pics*

penz said:
This sounds like a winner to me. I have a 3" aal now but it has sagged like h311. Do I need to get a SYE first or would a transfer case drop do it for me? It never made any noise or had any problems with the full 3" lift. what year springs should I look into from a Dakota or S10?

If you had no problems with 3" of lift, you might consider just pulling a leaf from the S10/Dakota pack to get 3" again. Then you shuoldn't have any vibe issues.

I'm not totally positive on the years, but any year that had a spring under suspension setup in the rear will give you around 4.5" lift as I described.

I'd still like to see some flex pics of a bastard leaf pack

Here's some from about a week after they went on...

CIMG1241.jpg

CIMG1242.jpg

CIMG1243.jpg

And here's some about a month ago at paragon.

CIMG4867Medium.jpg

CIMG4869Medium.jpg

Doesn't flex much more than this...

IMG_5576Medium.jpg

Actually it does, the front end dipped into a hole I didn't see and the leafs had a side load on them instead of flexing, hence the lifted tire.

great work i actually printed out the first page entirely (51 pages) just so i had this for future reference in case the pics don't work in the future

I also plan on going with the exploder leafs in my pack.
I was looking at the shackle the other day and I'm think I might also use it to get a little more lift.
Has anybody done that yet?

Timmay said:
MichiganJeepers eh? Look at the top left of my rear hatch window. :wave: Nice rig.

Thanks....

Doh ...I did not even notice that until now.... I was looking at flex, tires and jeeps........

JAS said:
Thanks....

Doh ...I did not even notice that until now.... I was looking at flex, tires and jeeps........

:greensmok I don't post there very much at all anymore. You've probably seen my brother over there raising hell though. Deke and/or cubes_mom = him.

this is an awsome write up i wis i could use it but im looking to get about 5.5 or 6.5 of lift. could i just do the dakota thing and then add some shackels for the little extra i want? i was planning on running a y-link long arm up front with 5.5 or 6.5 coils.

jeepster89 said:
this is an awsome write up i wis i could use it but im looking to get about 5.5 or 6.5 of lift. could i just do the dakota thing and then add some shackels for the little extra i want? i was planning on running a y-link long arm up front with 5.5 or 6.5 coils.

Yep. I'm actually running a home made 5/8" lift shackle with mine and it really lets them flex good.

thats awsome so ill probally get like 4.5 or 5.5 out of the packs hopefully then do like a 1 or 1.5 shackle. now i have a xj add a leaf would that help any in the pack?also how do you measure how much hieght you have now so i can compare it to how much i get after. and do i have to do both sides before i see how much i have gotten?

wouldnt let me edit the last post.so do iwant a stiff ride or soft rid i want to be able to articulate as much as possible. and if i get articualtion out of waht you did ill probally go that route with the AAL. also where in the pack should i put the AAL last in replace of the helper flat leaf?

Great post timmay!!! I've been wanting to do the Disc-brake conversion forever it seems like. And i've never even noticed how much the shock mounts can grab anything under the jeep...so i'll probly be moving them up soon to! You did an excellent job of step by step installation of the bastard packs. congrats and keep up the killer writeups bro.

Marrokstrader said:
Great post timmay!!! I've been wanting to do the Disc-brake conversion forever it seems like. And i've never even noticed how much the shock mounts can grab anything under the jeep...so i'll probly be moving them up soon to! You did an excellent job of step by step installation of the bastard packs. congrats and keep up the killer writeups bro.
:wave:

Thanks man. I'll definatly keep doing em.

Jeepster, I don't know what would be a good option for an MJ lift. Maybe stock XJ springs spring over? That might give you around 3-4" of lift.

Back