• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1/2 Door, Doorless or Tube Door Security

Cornflake

NAXJA Forum User
Ordered some tube doors from RJR yesterday and thought about security. Anyone running "open" on their daily drivers and if so, just a basic alarm needed or what? I'm going to get my summers worth out of these doors so I was just curious on what others are doing. Ever have your tube doors or half doors stolen? How can I secure these bad boys better? That was another thought because I'd be PISSED to find them gone! My rig rarely makes it into my garage so it sits on my drive, time to put motion lights up I guess...

I take my doors off when its nice and daily drive it. I just dont tale anything worth money with me. If you do dont make it noticeable. I lock my hatch, and back doors. Dont make it easy for someone to take something.

People steal things they can use, or sell.

How much of a market is there for XJ tube doors?

That said, I'm still trying to decide the purpose of XJ tube doors...

Not to threadjack...

Robert

i run no front doors. i pull my face plate off the sterio and put the radar in the dash. and lock it. i also lock rear doors and hatch,

My CJ's and YJ got broken into ALL the time. After they stole about a hundred dollars worth of stuff, I never left ANYTHING in it anymore. My YJ had an alarm in it to. Even if you get an alarm, they can still grab your stuff in less than a minute.

So, just expect people to steal your stuff. My brother had one of those metal security consoles and someone tried to break into it, but they couldn't.

E

leave nothing in the jeep, wire a relay into the headlight circuit so the headlights have to be on for you to start it, and go for it. easiest killswitch ever. no matter what coolguy super awesome alarm you get if you have no doors it will make no difference. take your faceplate with you, and if you leave anything else worth money in the jeep its your own damn fault. if you are worried about someone stealing your tube doors fab up a damn master lock mount on em.. if you live in a place where someone would take your tube doors then you probably should just go doorless.

-G

I live in a great neighborhood and all but the doors are close to $300 and it just seems to me that someone might take them, which is lame, but who knows? I will wire something so that they can't easily steal the whole thing. I was thinking locking the back doors, hatch and putting my face plate away would be just about enough. I just wanted other opinions. I never keep anything of real value in it and I'll just make sure to lock up as good as I can. I know if someone wants something, they'll take it no matter what. I just want to make it harder on them. As for running tube doors, I couldn't find half doors to purchase and don't have time to fab them up and I feel a little more secure with something there instead of having no doors. The Warrior doors just look bad a$$ too.

also, if you have an alarm, dont forget to disconnect the door pin switches or you wont be able to arm it :D

how about putting a piece of lexan behind the rear seat...make it locking and that way you would be able to have the doorless and still have security...you could even use a piano hinge or some other hinge and that way you would be able to pull it up when the doors come off or down when your driving...just a thought

if your so woried about your stuff getting stollen then dont run doorless. its a simple fix to a simple problem. running doorless is more inviting to a crook to come make a snatch and grab. unfortunately thats just how it is. i think theifs should have their hands and feet cut off like they do in some other countries.

userbmx1315 said:
i pull my face plate off the sterio and put the radar in the dash. and lock it.

You know that's not close to secure, right? You can overpower the glove compartments latch with very little force (try it sometimes, just hook your fingers into the top edge of the door and pull, it won't damage anything and you can even close it again with no evidence!).

I put my face in my glove box only to keep it out of sight, there is less likelihood of a thief smashing windows if he can't see something worthwhile in the vehicle.

I have a friend who runs doorless, he just got a ticket for no side mirrors. So keep that in mind. Personally I never lock my doors as I don't have anything inside worth more than my windows.

I'm putting a side mirror on my drivers side tube door. You have to have at least a side mirror and rear view and if you don't have a rear view, you need both side mirrors.

GSequoia said:
I put my face in my glove box only to keep it out of sight...

Well, an ugly dude's gotta do what an ugly dude's gotta do...

:D:D:D

Robert

nothappy.jpg

What is missing? Radio.. Yep the next day they took it.. But it was ok, it didn't work...LOL

I ran .....doors like usual. some a-hole smashed the drivers window to steal my stereo and CDs. Window cost about 200 bucks if i remember right. Not worth that AND the stereo. AND my CDs.... If they want something, they will get it. jsut remember , outta sight, outta mind. and yeah, dont leave anything in it you dont mind losing..... Forget alarms, noone pays attention to them anyway. they just think "when is someone gonna silence that damn thing" I dont even lock my doors anymore. forget it.

scottmcneal said:
nothappy.jpg

What is missing?
A paint matching program?

But a criminal can overpower or get around damn near anything. I was reading about someone who ran tubing around his sub boxes and welded it to the frame of his Jeep and attached a strap to the back of his radio and the firewall so that the radio couldn't be pulled out.

When i run no doors or toob doors i just assume all my shit in there WILL get stolen, so i dont leave anything in there. I have a small steel box bolted through the floor that is padlocked, i have had good luck with that so far.

Back