• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

491 Wheeling Trip April 18th

You know I'm in!

If anybody missed the thread from our last trip, it's over here:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=988240

Some pics, some info, some confusion, lots of fun! :D

One heads up: no tow rigs at 491. There is a WalMart one exit down, at DryRidge. If somebody was coming too far to drive the rig, they could tow to there, unload, and drive to the park.

See ya!

Robert

Nick and I met at the Florence/Union rest stop (I-75 south, milemarker 177) about 8:30.

I figure we'll do that again (Good for you, Nick?) and anyone that wants to meet us there and then, can.

But post up so we know to wait for you!

Robert

Nick and I met at the Florence/Union rest stop (I-75 south, milemarker 177) about 8:30.

I figure we'll do that again (Good for you, Nick?) and anyone that wants to meet us there and then, can.

But post up so we know to wait for you!

Robert

Sounds good , 8:30am worked will last time.. The park opens at 9:00am. I think we got there at 9:10am.

Nick

Whatsa matter? You skeered of a few new body piercings?

:D

Robert
That reminds me, still gotta get a gas tank patch kit and new tire plugs for the trail box..
Ya know just in case...

i really hope i can make it. i havnt really got to try out these 33's and the extra 2in of lift
I know a few trails that'll test your new goodies.. Hope ya make it.

Nick

we may go if the weather is good. and funds are there :)

Cool, hope you can make it! Haven't seen you since you killed your door at new years...

Hard to guess about the weather, but it's only $15 a head to get in, and a half tank of gas...

Later.

Robert

yup i just seem to do mass damage when its muddy..ya know sliding into everything!

Body damage adds character... Just wish I quit hitting the driver's side so much.

Last trip I just dented a DENT. lol

Nick

Carrying a small gas can is a good idea. Just keep forgettin to throw one in the rig.

I know a few trails that'll test your new goodies.. Hope ya make it.

Nick

Hey rob450er ,Just seen this when I reread the post. I meant Hope you can join us.

Hope you didn't take it the wrong way.

Nick

Hope everyone got their rigs ready for next weekend. I talked to a few who were making progress but had work to do...

I got my after market electric fan control wired in. Started on the trans convert lockout switch but ran out of time.

It's way early but the weather looks good for the trip. Sunny and 70 dry most of the week.

Maybe Some Doorless Wheeling???

Nick

I pulled mine off Thursday for the TS meeting.

Replaced that screeching ujoint yesterday, so I should be good to go.

See ya Saturday!

Robert

Back