• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

491 Wheeling Trip April 18th

u guys going to meet up somewhere off the crittenden exit?

We can... How bout the Marathon gas station on the right (across from MickeyD's) say 8:45am??
Robert and me (maybe more)are meeting at the rest area on I-75 just past florence ky ( think it's mm178)at 8:30am.

Hey Robert any of the TS guys coming??

Nick

Hey Robert any of the TS guys coming??

Nick

Doesn't look like...

There is one confirmed XJ and a "maybe" YJ from TORC.

S'arright, we don't need a huge group...

See ya!

Robert

<Edit> It just occured to me that "XJrob98" from TORC just might be the same guy as "rob450er" here. :dunno:

Last edited:
I may be there if you don't mind a TJ tagging along.:looney: My brother-in-law may come as well with his XJ (XXJ on terrainstompers.com). We are both Terrainstompers members. If I'm able to make it, I'll meet you guys at the rest area.

Ian

There is one confirmed XJ and a "maybe" YJ from TORC.

S'arright, we don't need a huge group...

I agree.... we can always break down into smaller groups if needed.

I may be there if you don't mind a TJ tagging along.:looney: My brother-in-law may come as well with his XJ (XXJ on terrainstompers.com). We are both Terrainstompers members. If I'm able to make it, I'll meet you guys at the rest area.

Ian

No problem Ian ..We meet on the car side at 8:30 am .Just look for a couple of two door XJ's on 35's one red and the other coppertop/black bedliner bottom.

Nick

Dropped the gas tank and swapped out the fuel filters this afternoon, they were horribly dirty. So it's looking like I will make this trip, as long as the jeep runs good the next few days.

Last edited:
Excellant! A good group with the weather making a turn for the better.With the rain stopping till late saturday ,should be able to climb the steeper hills.

see ya saturday

Nick

Weather forecast is holding steady: Mostly sunny, and 73.

Should be great!

Hey, Nick, have you heard from Tom?

Robert

Hey, Nick, have you heard from Tom?

Robert

Yep, Just seen him.... He stopped to get parts to put his manche back together. Tom and Jen is going, Also Jerry is going and will meet us at the Marathon off exit 166.

Nick

I just like telling people I wheel with Tom n Jerry...

TnJ.jpg

:D:D:D

See ya

Is the terrain difficult or just easy to moderate. Won't be in this time but maybe next time. Axles and winch and a whole list of other stuff to get done yet

I just like telling people I wheel with Tom n Jerry...

TnJ.jpg

:D:D:D

See ya

He Hee to funny... Looks like a chevy engine in Tom's rig.

Is the terrain difficult or just easy to moderate. Won't be in this time but maybe next time. Axles and winch and a whole list of other stuff to get done yet

Nothing to difficult we found so far... This will be our second trip.
It was pretty muddy the first time. so ,we couldn't climb some of the steep hills and only wheeled bout half the park.

Heres a vid. of Robert and Matthew wheeling the creek that runs through the park .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pc269ObV_s

Off to the garage to load up

Nick

Back