• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My heep build

Sherman_thetank

Keep it pinned!
Ok, so i have been trying to gather up all my crap to compile it all into a readable sentence that actually makes sense...so here it goes.
I have a 88 5spd 4dr It looks like this :gee:
3b085d0da348.jpg

Plans for the build (as of right now)
Chevy 383 stroker. Comp dyno estimate 525hp and 495ft lbs
SN-465
NP-205 twin stick
D60 rear D44 front (fullwidth)
Some serious frame plating
bastard packs with lift shackles
and maybe 37" :dunno:

Money is pretty tight for me, and thus my problem. I want to have this done by end of September, because we are going on vacation to Colorado again.

I picked up the small block a little bit ago. The guy i got it front told me it ran great had a small RV cam in it, but all around good motor......lieing asshat
DSCF0451.jpg

motor2.jpg

DSCF0456.jpg

DSCF0457.jpg

So either way i got some new shinny go-fast parts yesterday.

0_IMAG0171.jpg

Complete 383 rotating assembly, so now its off to the machine shop to get cleaned up and prepped for the new parts.
So plan for this weekend is to remove the old 4.0, junk the tranny, and start cutting crap out i don't need. As long as it doesn't rain that is:sunshine:

So the big question...Do you guys thing its possible to have done by then. Its a pile of crap to do by then, nut i might just be able to pull it off. O ya and i have to make a trailer to haul it on too :roflmao::hang:

Is that the SCAT stroker kit and what cylinder head/intake combo are you going to go with? Carb or EFI?

Nope its a kit from speedway motors, i wish it was scat.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Economy-Small-Block-Chevy-Rotating-Assembly,3176.html
It will be carbed. I don't know what heads are on it because i haven't cleaned them up yet. Ya im going full width because...well its cheaper, and im a cheap ass :D
And ya pulling the drive line out of the heep Sat so i can start plating the frame, and cleaning everything up. May even get some motor mounts fabbed up, but thats reaching.

Alrite got some work done this weekend.
Got the whole front end apart, then i couldn't find my torx bits, so after i bought some new ones i finally got it all out
jeep2.jpg

jeep.jpg

The two sitting next to eachother
jeep3.jpg

I now have a small hole :rof:

jeep4.jpg

Off to get my new axles next weekend :D

Ok, got some work done yesterday. Got the engine bay pretty much gutted of what i dont need. Also picked up some 8' x 6" 1/4 plate so i can start plating the frame on it and get ready for some motor mounts.
0_IMAG0190.jpg

The girlfriend pulled all the seats out so we can tear the carpet out.
0_IMAG0193.jpg

Will be getting the axles sat and dropping the motor off at the machine shop

you might want to store that crank sitting upright.
Crank will be fine its in plastic with all the bearing surfaces covered in grease, so there should be no problem there.

Got the axles today. Thanks Watson! hope that new motor works out for ya. Ill snap some pics of the new yard ornaments this week, and hopefully get some work done. Man i hate humidity. :smsoap:

Because over long periods of time the weight of the counterweights can cause the metal to deform.
And all the mains on mine are supported by Styrofoam so i'm ok for now.

Got the motor off at the machine shop yesterday. Picked up a 700r4 and np241 case. So once i get the motor back this this weekend i can start getting some ideas on mounts for all this junk.
0_IMAG0197.jpg

This is actually all going faster than i thought :rof:

Because over long periods of time the weight of the counterweights can cause the metal to deform.
And all the mains on mine are supported by Styrofoam so i'm ok for now.

thanks for the info, its now stored in the vault.

For best results hang it SECURELY from the ceiling, that way you cant knock it over ;)

Ok update,
Got the motor back from the machine shop
0_IMAGE_213.jpg

and i got a new play toy to add to this build :looney:
2008720225253856.jpg

Last edited:
Sry i changed the pic, its a impeller for a Garrett turbo :)

Ordered almost everything i need minus a torque converter, alcohol carb (for E85), intake manifold and guages, everything else should be here next week. :yelclap:

Back