NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Sierra Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Sierra Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Old May 25th, 2004, 10:48
NAXJA Forum User

4.5" Rubicon Express zj coils & 2" spacers for sale in Norcal

have 4.5 zj rubicon express coils that I used on my xj. They gave me about 5-5-1/2" of lift. I'm in Sacramento, CA. They are used, but will still give you an honest 5" of lift or so & they are real nice and soft and ride good. I went with 8" skyjacker coils that are pretty stiff. I had the 4.5 zj coils with 2" spacers for around 7" of lift to clear my 35" mtrs.
I can sell the springs for $100 + shipping & the spacers for for $15 + shipping. This will give you around 7" of lift. Let me know.
Troy
Old May 25th, 2004, 10:58
NAXJA Forum User

Re: 4.5" Rubicon Express zj coils & 2" spacers for sale in Norcal

I'll take the spacers, wife wants them for her DD.

CRASH
Old May 25th, 2004, 11:02
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH

CRASH

Do you need any 2.5" RE AAL? I have a set that is brand new, interested?
Old May 25th, 2004, 11:04
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:

CRASH
O.k., shall we meet at URF headquarters??? I hear from Sean that you and him commute into Sac for work. I work on the south side about 4 miles south on Watt off of hwy 50. I'm a little busy today with errands, etc but maybe we can hook up tomorrow thru Friday sometime. I'm leaving Saturday morning for Garberville for the Lost Coast trip in my bone stock 98' zj. Should be fun. Let me know what you want to do.
Troy
Old May 26th, 2004, 07:47
NAXJA Forum User

I've got about 150 different leaves at my house, if I can't find one that fits the bill, I'll PM you.

CRASH
Old May 26th, 2004, 08:12
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinjeep
have 4.5 zj rubicon express coils that I used on my xj. They gave me about 5-5-1/2" of lift. I'm in Sacramento, CA. They are used, but will still give you an honest 5" of lift or so & they are real nice and soft and ride good. I went with 8" skyjacker coils that are pretty stiff. I had the 4.5 zj coils with 2" spacers for around 7" of lift to clear my 35" mtrs.
I can sell the springs for $100 + shipping & the spacers for for $15 + shipping. This will give you around 7" of lift. Let me know.
Troy
Do you think the Skyjacker coils are stiffer than the RE coils? How much lift did you get out of them?

I'm considering coils longer than the RE ZJ coils so the coil doesn't unseat at full droop, but I also would like them to be a little stiffer.
Thanks to , Falken Tires, Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines, Ten Factory Axles, Brown Dog, Hooker Harness, BILSTEIN, Raceline Wheels, WARN, G&G Auto Repair/Off Road, Yukon Gear and Axle, Full Traction, Cal, Russ, James, and many, many others.
Old May 26th, 2004, 08:53
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatman
Do you think the Skyjacker coils are stiffer than the RE coils? How much lift did you get out of them?

I'm considering coils longer than the RE ZJ coils so the coil doesn't unseat at full droop, but I also would like them to be a little stiffer.
Yeah, the 8" Skyjacker coils are really stiff. I was running the 4.5" re zj coils with 2" spacers for around 7-8" of lift to clear my 35" mtr's. I wanted to get rid of the spacers and I found a good deal on new skyjacker coils, so I swapped them out when I put in my dana 30 with an arb. The re coils were really flexy on the street & my jeep had alot of body roll around corners and stuff, especially becuase I'm not running sway bars. The interesting thing about the 8" skyjacker coils is that they are within 1/4" or so of the 4.5" re zj coils when you put them side by side before installing them in a vehicle and having the weight on them. This concerned me a bit and I asked the previous owner of them to confirm that they were in fact the 8" coils and not the 6" skyjacker sells as well, and he confirmed them as 8" coils. I got the coils from "useless" in Santa Rosa, what's up with that name???
He was actually very helpful and has a nice rig, but is really strapped for cash with being a student and all. It is hard to say whether sit with the 8" coils by themselves compared to the re coils & spacers, it does however look like I'm a tab higher in the back, but when I go on the tough trails, I have all kinds of spare parts and equipment so this should bring the back down a bit. Here is a pic of my 91' xj with the re coils and spacers (I'm at the bottom of pg 5 in the silver 2 door xj with "Rubicon Express" banner on the windshield):
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthrea...ht=holl ister

As you can see my fenders were hacked pretty good to clear these tires.
Troy
Old May 26th, 2004, 09:01
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
I've got about 150 different leaves at my house, if I can't find one that fits the bill, I'll PM you.

CRASH
150 leaves or coils? I have a pair of 4.5 re zj coils.
Old May 26th, 2004, 09:35
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Quote:

CRASh
Old May 26th, 2004, 11:24
NAXJA Forum User

I'll take the zj coils. I have a friend that works in Sac and can pick them up for me.
when and where can he meet you??

Dave
Old May 26th, 2004, 16:46
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90xjDave
I'll take the zj coils. I have a friend that works in Sac and can pick them up for me.
when and where can he meet you??

Dave
pm'd U
Old May 26th, 2004, 17:03
NAXJA Member #761

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

CRASh
i DON'T tHINK i EVER seen a quote used as the answer to a question, in which the quoted answer was in the original question as a quote, and used as the answer to the quote that was questioned.

Ah crap, thank god it's time to go home!
Old May 27th, 2004, 12:03
NAXJA Forum User

Spacers & Coils SOLD Thanks for the interest. Don't worry if you didn't get them from me as other people locally who have recently put their lift coils up for sale.