• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MetalCloak 4.5" Coils + CAD

I'd start with 2 full turns on the lowers, keeping the watch on caster and see where that gets you.

Obviously you need more caster and that will help straighten the coils. Adding wheelbase will help to but we still do not know if the axle is square?

..and he told me they had to take Caster OUT. That piqued my interest but I don't know enuf to argue with the pros.
Considering going to another shop with better gear and maybe more knowledge. Pay twice, but if it's correct.. That shop is unavailable til next week, tho. No biggie.
I'll ask for the whole meal deal. Nearest state of the art alignment shop is in SLC (250 miles) and I'm sure they can do 4-axle. Had them do my 5th wheel and 18 F350 a year or so ago after new suspension in the 5er and new HD trackbar in the Ford.
I'll try the 'other' local shop first; they did me right before.

Good stuff fellas.. thanks.

Last edited:
I'd start with a cheap angle finder and get your self close before I spent more time at the alignment shop.

I'd start with a cheap angle finder and get your self close before I spent more time at the alignment shop.

I'll give that a shot using the documented numbers and measuring points I listed above.

CAD manufacturers list UCA/LCA lengths to use with their parts. I assume those are just ball-park until it's fine tuned.

Plumb Bob or some layers to get axle square.

On a 4 link rig I make castor adjustments with the upper arms if I can. Pull the bolt out of tge arm you aren't using to make the castor adjustments. Then ounce castor is set adjust the arm to that new location.
It gets rid of the arms fighting eachother as you adjust.

If your upper is true adjustable you can set the angle finder up and watch it change as you adjust the arm.

This stuff gets fun ounce you get the hang if it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Plumb Bob or some layers to get axle square.

On a 4 link rig I make castor adjustments with the upper arms if I can. Pull the bolt out of tge arm you aren't using to make the castor adjustments. Then ounce castor is set adjust the arm to that new location.
It gets rid of the arms fighting eachother as you adjust.

If your upper is true adjustable you can set the angle finder up and watch it change as you adjust the arm.

This stuff gets fun ounce you get the hang if it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Boom ^^^^^it really is that easy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back