• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No power at fuel injectors

Lanser1999

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
(Solved) No power at fuel injectors

I have a 2001 Cherokee 4.0. Was driving fine yesterday, always ran a little rough when first started, but always started. Yesterday night I go to start it but ran a little rough so I turned it off to restart the engine. If it was running rough in the past I would turn it off and restart it and it would run smoother however last night when I went to restart it it didn’t start. I left it sit over night and went back today and it started ok. Drove it to my shop and parked it where I replaced the crank sensor and coil for shits and farts and went to try and start it and I didn’t get it to start. It turns over fine but doesn’t run. I verified spark and it ran for a split second with gas down throttle body (didn’t have anything else such as starting fluid). I checked for fuel at the Schroeder valve and some gas came out but wasn’t very pressurized need a fuel pressure tester. However when I went to check the power at the injectors j read that the hot side should have 12 volts present with key in the on position. When I check my injector harness I only had .1 volt present. All fuses in engine bay panel were fine.

I went to check the interior fuse box on pssenger floorboard and the only fuses that showed hot with a test light were the 3 yellow fuses (I believe 25’s) at the top of the panel, all of the other mini fuses showed nothing, is this normal?

Last edited:
Yes, looking at the wiring diagram, the common DG/OR wire should have +12volts when running. Check the fuses in the PDC under the hood. The injector fuse is #18. It's fed by the AutoShutDown (ASD) fuse, which is fed from fuse 21.

Also keep in mind that the engine computer will turn off the ASD relay after a little bit if the crank sensor doesn't see the engine running. Test for voltage while someone hits the key.

Both 21 and 18 had no power when I checked but I just had the key in on poisition. Fuses tested good but no power through either.

Last edited:
b3setj.jpg

If this is correct

Last edited:
Back