• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brown Dog Motor Mounts....GET THEM!

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
I installed my Brown Dog Motor mounts yesterday along with a new Trans mount (oem rubber) and took my jeep for a drive.....wow. I opted for the ultra flex rubber and let me give you a few first impression in case you are on the fence about buying a pair.

- Initial start up feels awesome. you can feel a split second vibration from the engine but then smooths out completely after about 2 seconds.
- Jeep is running smoother
- Once you first hit the gas, you can feel a vibration for a second as well but then turns into straight power.
- Throttle response is much better and I had an annoying vibe coming from the front end somewhere...that is now gone. I can still feel a vibe from the floorbard but I think it is all from the motor mounts....its not a bad vibe, it feels sporty.
- Also, shifting thoughout all the gears and just pushing the gas pedal down feels so much smoother.
- I don't know how this would happen- but my girlfriend even said something about it.......but my exhaust sounds louder
- All in all...this is honestly one of the best things I have ever done to my jeep....I didn't think it would really do much of anything, but wow...I am so impressed with the way my jeep runs now.
- There seems to be a bit more engine noise, not a bad thing...something that I just noticed.
If you have not upgraded to these mounts....please do so now... Brown Dog makes such a beefy product and quality is top notch and there are a pleasure to deal with.

My heater hose was hitting my hood, luckily I found it a few days AFTER i won a free set of Brown Dogs! :D

Also a satisfied customer. The rubber ones arent too harsh, which was what kept me from doing uprgraded mounts for a long time

I can not vouch for their XJ mounts, However I did have their complete engine mount/bracket kit on my YJ and it was awesome Once I have a mount fail on the XJ I will be purchasing the Brown Dog Mounts !

I agree with everything the op said, but I will add this. Don't run a poly trans mount in conjunction with the motor mounts, makes hella bad vibes at idle. I made that mistake thinking it wouldn't be that bad, def not pleasant. Wife doesn't mind though.......;)

I also just installed some BrownDog MMs in my Xj. I opted for the poly ones, Wish i would of got the Rubber. Anyways I dont have anything bad to say about them, Id buy agian.

i have the rubbers sitting in my garage waiting to be installed, unfortunately they forgot to ship one bolt but thats no big deal. Can't wait to get them installed!!

love my Brown Dog's....

now I want them to design a beefy replacement chassis side mount to go with the blog side that they already have.

There sure are a lot of different kits to choose from...

Anyone able to explain the differences? (between super kit, upgrade kit, etc...)

I would just call and ask. Their customer service is TOP NOTCH! I am certain they would help you figure out exactly which you need/want.

I wish they would make a beefy trans mount.....

Drove my jeep yesterday across town for the longest trip since the motor mounts have been installed and wow...I used to cuss and swear at my jeep because I hated the way it felt while driving...Im telling you, it feels completely different and I actually enjoy the way it drives now. Now just to throw some bilstein 5100's underneath it and call it a day.

Last edited:
love my Brown Dog's....

now I want them to design a beefy replacement chassis side mount to go with the blog side that they already have.

have you bent/broken one too?

i bent mine, and whoever handles the e-mail jokingly said they should probably make me one lol.

I just took a straight stocker and added some gussets to it.

have you bent/broken one too?

i bent mine, and whoever handles the e-mail jokingly said they should probably make me one lol.

I just took a straight stocker and added some gussets to it.

I've not broken one, I did bend one, but its OK for now, but I want to tie a front skid plate support into them like the TJ guys do, but I don't want to do it to the thin, weak stock one

i installed my mounts and brackets last weekend, and i gotta say i agree with everything you said these have done in your original post.

i seem to be getting dramaticly better MPG as well.. i was averaging 240 to a full tank.. and since install of the mounts and brackets ive traveled 140 miles and only used about 1/4 of a tank

im gonna fill up tomorrow and and do the math really see if these things are giving me better mpg like i think they are. ill post up whatever i find out

i actually adjusted my side view mirrors and noticed a 12-15% improvement in my mileage. Something about the static coeficcient of drag on the mirrors at 17 knots and above changes the entire baseline for mileage on a boxular unibodied vehicle. removing the three lower diff cover bolts on a d30 also showed drastic improvment in the wind tunnel over countersunk bolts.

Back