• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 wiring diagram needed, weve got issues

IROCthe4.0

NAXJA Forum User
A few weeks ago I picked up a 2000 Cherokee Sport. I knew there was an electrical problem with it. What happened was the previous owner put a CB in. Ran the wires through the hole for the antenna but then never replaced the grommet. This allowed water in. The water then ran down the fuse box causing a lot of corrosion and the largest of the plugs to burn up and melt.

Today I replaced five of the connectors that were corroded and a new fuse block. There was a lot of wire splicing goin on the say the least. Before doing this the blinkers, dome light, radio, horn, and gauges didnt work. The airbag light was also on. Now I have blinkers, horn and the airbag light is off. So this leaves me with dome light, radio, and gauges.

I went over all my splices and all the wires are matched correctly. Yet I still have these three items not functioning. The haynes manual that I have isnt worth shit for wiring diagrams, they suck.

I did notice that a few of the wires that I spliced looked a little iffy to me. Once the insulation was stripped off the wire itself was a dark color, almost black, not copper colored. Could this have anything to do with my problem? Pretty much what I need is to know which plug in the fuse box is for the cluster and which ones feed power to the dome and radio.

The fuse box and plugs I used were from a 99 Cherokee. Of all the wires I spliced together there was only one wire that the 99 didnt have that my 00 does. I used one of the metal tabs from one of the connectors I cut off and added it into the plug like it would be stock.

I had to replace the whole fuse block on my 88 cause of a similar issue. In my job I ran across some parts that would have made it to where I could have just reterminated the connections. If you look on Lawson Products they sell what you are looking for I believe that the number you would need is 54073, on thie site and that is for a package of 25 you may have to daisy chain them since they do not have the bars connecting them together like some of the factory ones. You will also require something like 54115 or 54116 to remove the old ones from the block itself.

I did some more looking into it yesterday. Pulled the dash apart a little so I could get a look at the wires. Started with the radio. I noticed I was getting power to the head unit but that was it. Then I remembered the fuse box under the hood and my wiring digram said power for the radio ran through there too. Pulled all the fuses and on the last one, blown. Replaced it and everything is up and running now. Thanks for all the help guys. Those diagrams you all PMd me really helped.

Back