• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 XJ for trade or sell

rparker762

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I hate to do it but I’m looking to get rid of my XJ. I’ve been without a job for the past month now and things don’t look too good. I need a vehicle I can work on myself with relative ease and parts that don’t cost an arm and a leg.

About the Jeep. It’s a 96 XJ, 4.0L, auto, NP231 t case, 2” BB, trimmed front fenders, haven’t gotten around to the back yet. She has 31x10.5 15 Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs on Black Soft 8’s, got same for the spare, spare is new. Tires have some fender rash but all said they have about 2000 miles on them. Interior is relatively clean. The only tear is on the driver side visor and the rear passenger door is missing the arm rest. I have it somewhere but it pulled off so it may need a new one.. Has a new windshield but it does have a small chip in it. The center console has a few screw holes where a CB is mounted which will not be included. The Jeep has a home made roof rack with a home made light bar. You will see in the pics it is HOME MADE. It served my purposes very well. Has 6 Hella 500 lights, all work, one on front bumper has cracked glass. Has a new radiator and exhaust manifold. Also has a new CPS and coil. Front bumper has been chopped as can bee seen by the pictures. Front drivers headlight has a crack in it and the driver side marker light is cracked but both still work. I have done regular oil changes and will do another one soon. Also, and somewhat important, it has 188,000+ miles on it. It runs good and wheels great. Ac works good too. I did have to bypass the NSS with a toggle located in the center console but I left enough wire to fix or replace.

Now for what I want. I am looking for an older Chevy or Ford pickup, or a Blazer or Bronco. It needs to be mechanically sound and 4x4. Needs to be V8, auto or manual doesn’t matter. If Blazer or Bronco, ac is not important but it needs to have ac if it is a truck. I am looking for something from the 70’s maybe early 80’s. I would prefer to trade outright but will sell for the right price. The right price is one which I can immediately turn around and buy the vehicle I am looking for. This will also be on craigslist so you can also email me for pics.

100_1726.jpg

100_1727.jpg

100_1729.jpg

100_1731.jpg

100_1732.jpg

100_1733.jpg

100_1735.jpg

100_1736.jpg

100_1737.jpg

100_1740.jpg

100_1742.jpg

I want this to go to someone who would appreciate it.

Ron

Last edited:
Ignore the part about a trade. I used an old ad I was writing up and didnt catch it when I copied and pasted. The price is $2600.00 obo, very motivated seller.

Back