• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Taurus Fan - What did you pay at the JY?

10bucks here

damn $10-$15 my dealership is realy ripping people off

edit: bout $185 i would charge a customer just for the part

damn $10-$15 my dealership is realy ripping people off

edit: bout $185 i would charge a customer just for the part
No, your dealership is charging for a brand new part that is built to the same quality level as OEM. The junkyards are charging for a used part of unknown functionality.

No, your dealership is charging for a brand new part that is built to the same quality level as OEM. The junkyards are charging for a used part of unknown functionality.

if i give some body that price and they want me to call the junk yard (which happens a lot) i would charge probably $100-$130 just for the part :viking:

speaking of Taurus fan's we just got one in with a squirrel stuck in it

i got a bad phone pic i will try and get up later

$25 and some change (including tax, the $1 entry fee, & $2 core charge).

I actually got a Lincoln Mark VII 3.8L 2 speed fan. They are supposed to flow more air and use less amperage than the Taurus 2 speed fan from a 3.8.

Also look at crown Vics and mustangs.

Just be mindful that you are going to put an extra electrical load on your system. I believe I read that the 2 speed Taurus 3.8 fan draws like 30 to 40 amps.

My 99 Grand Marquis has a 130 amp alternator and the PI (performance improved) Crown Vic's that police departments use have a 175 amp alternator.

I'm holding off on the 2 speed fan mod in my Jeep until I upgrade from the stock 90 amp alternator to the optional 120 amp alternator for my Jeep.

The high draw is only for the first few seconds at start up and not while actually running once up to speed.

The high draw is only for the first few seconds at start up and not while actually running once up to speed.
X2, I never measured the amps when I had a taurus fan but I think it was drawing around 15 amps once it got going. The initial surge would draw less than 40 amps on mine.

$25 and some change (including tax, the $1 entry fee, & $2 core charge).

I actually got a Lincoln Mark VII 3.8L 2 speed fan. They are supposed to flow more air and use less amperage than the Taurus 2 speed fan from a 3.8.

Have you installed the Mark VII fan? If so, how was the install? The shroud appears to be a bit smaller.

Have you installed the Mark VII fan? If so, how was the install? The shroud appears to be a bit smaller.

I'm planning on doing that next weekend. I'm just holding off until I decide how to wire it. I want to wire the low speed to come on when the engine starts, and have an over ride switch for water crossings. And have the high speed come on when the aux fan kicks on.

I'm also going to use ford starter relay's instead of standard automotive relays for it because they can handle a larger amp draw.

I picked up the fan and the CCRM (Constant control relay module) that I use to power it for around $20 at my local pick n pull.

I picked up the fan and the CCRM (Constant control relay module) that I use to power it for around $20 at my local pick n pull.

CCRM;...I have never heard of that. How does it work? What vehicle did it come from?

Back