• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drivers door has no power?

md11fan

NAXJA Forum User
a couple of months ago i had my passenger window go bad and hasn't worked since, but now i had a big problem with my driver door lock/window switches, they used to work most of the time and if they didn't then i would just open my door and nudge the rubber wiring grommet around and they would usually go back to working fine, then one day they just never seemed to work again, all the other doors have the little green LEDs on and all the doors can lock and unlock the car but none of the windows work and nothing on the drivers side works including the mirrors . After 2 months of not having windows i think its about time to fix that.

So i opened up my door and found all the wiring. I have checked all the fuses and they seem fine, the exposed wiring dosnt seem to have any dings, or cracks. Would it happen to be my ground wire? power wire? i really dont know what else to do at this point.

Any information is good, i just need to get this fixed fast.
-John

P.S. how do you take the wiring out of the door and threw the grommet without messing it up?

I've been through this routene about three times. If I was smart, I would have just replaced the whole wiring harness to begin with.

P.S. how do you take the wiring out of the door and threw the grommet without messing it up?

Gently? It's a pain, but you'll figure it out. On my 2000, I unplug the three plugs inside the car (PITA) then just back everything out one plug through one thing at a time. Usually one of the wires is clearly broken. Otherwise my multimeter gets a nice workout.

Back