• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rev limiter?

i don't know about the 97, but my 95 doesn't have a rev limiter or a govener. i've talked to several people who have pushed their jeeps, and it seems to be a 50/50 chance of having one. (based on the few people i've personally talked to. some had it some didn't)

yeh i mean i know i have one from past incidents but never really looked down to see what it was at, im in the middle or rebuildin my motor so i was just wondering

I know i have one! My tranny is a piece of shit so when i stomp on it and it trys to shift into 2nd gear the transmission slips and hits the limiter everytime! right at 5100 5200 somewhere up in there.

Both my Renix 88 had one, and my 96 has one. Search the Street Performance forum, there is a thread about someone trying to increase his rev or completely take it off.

Back