• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

noooooo!

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
i just walked out to leave for work and found my drivers window smashed, my back door open, and my stereo, 2 amps, 2 subs, and my video screen for my navigation ripped out and shredded wires everywhere. the #$%!#% even cut the wires on my foglights right where they go onto the housings, just to add insult to injury.

all together i just lost about $2000 including the cost of a new window. horray for fridays.

:scared: :bawl: :tear: :bawl: :tear: :scared:

Been there before, point of entry was the small window in the drivers rear door here.

These days I always stash the fancy stuff away (just the stereo now). I still haven't gotten around to getting a new sub box and amp and probably won't until I am no longer parking on the street every day.

the worst part is it was in my apt parking space. its 40 ft from my fking bedroom window. my damn alarm didnt even go off.

That sucks!!!!!

If you're alarm didn't sound, then they know what they were doing..

Back the old days, I knew that some alarms could be shorted by cutting the running or flog lights, then grounding them.. Don't ask me how I know because either I don't know how I know or I'm blocking that part of my life out of my head...

Either way.. that sucks.. My YJ got broken into about 6 times. Twice, they disabled the alarm.. DOHHHHH..

Elias

Well if that never sucked:gonnablow . The worst part, is that they seldom ever catch these maggots. Sorry to hear.

Rob

89xjJe3per said:
Damn grimm sorry to hear that man... iv got a brand new kicker CVR and box if ur interseted...

ive got another set of 15s, the silver kicker CVRs, its not like i cant replace the system, it just sucks man. im just glad i had the second set of 15s out when it happened. i just got the other 2 last week and treid em in there but it rattled too much so i took em back out, we called it the wall of death.. heh. 4 15s at 3000 watts is too much for a xj, sounded good in my buddies zj tho, more interior volume so the sound had more of a chance to spread out.

i appreciate the offer man you guys are great people. im just bummed right now i spent 3 years getting my jeep just the way i wanted it, it was perfect and now its destroyed. my dash panel is broken to pieces, my wiring is all cut up, they broke all the mounting tabs off the heater control unit so now i need to replace that as well... ive just been digging around in there for the past hour like "aw shit they did that too?" and im nervous about anything i might not see... for some reason they cut up the wiring for my fog lights that ran behind my front bumper... now why the hell would they be under there? all i can hope is that they thought it might go to the alarm somehow? thank god they didnt hit the button for my garage door opener, ive got another 4 or 5 grand in AV equipment in there along with my turntables and PA system setups.

i dont really know why i posted up on here just venting i suppose, hope noone thinks im spamming, as ttheres no real purpose for this thread... im just bummed out and dont have anyone to vent on i guess.

thanks guys.

-mike

It's all good man vent away... no problem here. well ur right about the fog lights cut the ground wire then atach to bear metal= securty off... shitty man really shitty hope all goes well for ya though... post some pics???

Oh and FOR Sequoia GOT some 4:10's for a front d30 or 3.55 for a rear d35? i have miss match gears and cant wheel!!!!

GrimmJeeper said:
they broke all the mounting tabs off the heater control unit so now i need to replace that as well

You mean the HVAC controls, yes? If so I'm 90% positive I have one for you, gratis. Let me know if that's the part and I'll confirm this weekend.

89xjJe3per said:
Oh and FOR Sequoia GOT some 4:10's for a front d30 or 3.55 for a rear d35? i have miss match gears and cant wheel!!!!

I've got a complete D35 non C-Clip with 3:55's at the house, no 4.10's handy. You can have the whole axle if you want it, it's doing nothing for me.

The axle does make noise but it looks like you're in for a temporary solution anyway and it's free ;)

The noise would be from what and i only need the the gears have a axle.. lol ill give u the 410 for the 355 or something i only live an hour and 30 mins away so no big deal...

GSequoia said:
You mean the HVAC controls, yes? If so I'm 90% positive I have one for you, gratis. Let me know if that's the part and I'll confirm this weekend.

yes, thats the part. the vacuum controlled heater and ac switch unit in the dash

i would post pics but theres nothing to take pics of i already cleaned up the glass so my kids wouldnt get cut up on it and theres nothing to see in the dash but wires hanging out. i'll get a pic of that i guess.

ah that sux donkey bawls! I had my subs stolen once. Ever since then, I decided to mount the subbox to the floor with bolts and then mount the speakers in the box with allen-head screws to make it more difficult. The one thing i dont like about the xj stereo plates is that it only requires removing the trim plate and two screws. they could break off those screw tabs, no problemo.

Damn dude, that sucks to hear. Probably some little bastards from over in hawthorne...

there used to be two HiFONiCS 1500w brutus series class D mono amps hanging here...
jeeptheft004.jpg

i dont know why they tore all this apart... but im the one that took out the surround around the gauges and cut off the idiot lights, i did that awhile back when i changed the whole dash over to LED and covered the gauges with a tinted black glass panel, you could only see them at night it looked pretty cool... but they broke that glass panel getting the trim piece off.
jeeptheft003.jpg

there used to be a brand new pioneer head unit here, the one with the single knob and the animations on the screen, it was about 3 months old it came out in december.
jeeptheft002.jpg

this is all thats left, a little bit of glass on my floor.
jeeptheft001.jpg

i havent cleaned out all the glass yet im going to take it to the carwash and use thier vacs, but i cut my hands up pretty good taking out the remainder of the old window, i had tint so it didnt all fall out, just kinda sat there waiting to bite me.

Sorry to hear about that Mike. My car got jacked last year and all the cop said was "It's probably in Mexico. Call your insurance." My system got stolen out of my old Accord and I had left my wallet in there too. By the time I found out (6 hours later) they charged up $3000 at various places. So, I called my credit card company and asked for the charges so I could go and get some video tapes of them. $600 @Walmart for a laptop. I talked to the guy who sold it to him. $100 @ CVS Pharmacy for perfume for the girl and some slippers. $1000 @home depot for tools and a vacuum. The list goes on. Anyways, at the Mobil gas station he bought cartons of cigs and the lady remembered him. So she took me back and we went through their videos and I saw the bastard that broke into my car and was using my credit cards. I even saw the car he was driving. She let me have the tape and I took all of this info to the detectives. Nothing ever happened. I guess they have bigger fish to fry.

oh shit my wallet was in the car i didnt even remember its not there now.. thanks for reminding me..... this just keeps getting better and better eh?
time to make phone calls. :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad:

.mike

thank god they didnt hit the button for my garage door opener, ive got another 4 or 5 grand in AV equipment in there along with my turntables and PA system setups.

That sucks, I hope that they dont frequent NAXJA.

I had my old 78 Blazer tubed out dezert truck broken into a couple years ago and they tried to take my stereo system but I liquid nailed it into the alluminum dash along with the 6X9s and 10s (works good to keep vibes down in the aluminum) you can see where they were trying to yank it out and getting frustated. They stole a cheap toolbag with crappy tools in it. The worse part ist that they busted the windwing and driverwindow...and the back window was unlocked. They could have stole the King Demon Carborator and made much more money than my cheapo radio.

I've had my window busted out in my Ford Exploder when they took my Stereo in Chicago. Funny thing was, it was ALL unlocked. They could have atleast tried to open the door normally before making a mess and costing me more money.

Dumbasses

Back