• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ CD palyer install

guzzirider

NAXJA Forum User
my wife would like a cd palyer in her 2000 XJ. The current radio / cassette lokks like it is mabe to stay what are the options.

still snowing in CO

Dude all you have to do is pull the plastic center pice that surrounds the radio and hvac controls off. Then you will see that there are two hex headed screws that hold the current radio in place. Then once you have picked out the new cd player. Go to a Best Buy or Circut City and get an adaptor for the cd player to fit into the dash, also get the wiring adaptor that will allow you to plug it right into the wiring harness so that you don't have to fight the wiring.

Installing a new head unit on a XJ is about the easiest thing to do. Actually it's probably the easiest out of the many vehicles on the road today.

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/Jeep/Cherokee.html

Click on that, then next to where it says "Radio Installation", click on "View .pdf. I installed the radio in my XJ w/o their write up (it's that easy, trust me), but I used their write up when I put one in my buddy's CRV (which was a pain in the rear).

Back