• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Taking dad offroading july 4th

Switch1625

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone wanna tag along with us? Im thinkin just goin up palomar mountain and hopin to see some fireworks. Its gonna be his first time wheelin.

So my questions are, does anyone know of a better place to see fireworks near san diego, and anyone wanna go with us?

You probably won't see much from atop Palomar Mt.
A more common place to watch mutiple displays is on top of Mt. Woodson in Ramona. I have done this before and watched many displays at once....but from a long distance away!
I don't know of any four wheeling to be had on the way up to Palomar. There is a dirt road that leads up the back side of the mountian but wont get you to the west side of the place and any view of fireworks... :dunno:
I'm thinking that Ramona will be about as far east as you could go to find any displays...people up in the mountains are kinda' fire shy if you know what I mean.
I would suggest taking him out wheeling during the day then head on out for some local show...but heck...I havn't even decided what I will be doing on the fourth....anyone for Corral Canyon then down to El Cabong for thier show?
(not making any commitment now...just a suggestion... :laugh3: )
Rick R:flame:

Well, they are having fire works at the high school on Cole rd or something, wich is visible from the mountain i think. Never heard of mt woodson.

Back