• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA and the 4th of July Parade

I know its common knowlage to people like us. but I still get those "looks" from people, until I explain the hobby. most people I've met stand behind it instantly and are surprised were not a bunch of rednecks out tearing shit up. I just want as big of a group with as much info as possible. the fun comes hand in hand when we get together

Thanks for the support guys
Bronze.

Be nice if everyone planning on making this would visit the Facebook site and register... if nothing else, to see how many intend on coming ;-)

I'm planning on heading down for the 4th, it'll be my rig and a passenger as far as I know right now. Don't think ill be making that breakfast though

ok guys, im doing the application right now. can we get an official head count? and post up your plans for the day please. id like to know how many people are planning on doing what.

we will have a bunch of things going on here at the same time. dad is bringing in a feiw high dollar paintjobs we have done. and jeeps, and maby have our popup up in the front yard with some naxja stuff on it. It will be a mini car show :)

anywho here is what I have so far.

AwesomeXJ: confirmed all nighter
NW-99-XJ: confirmed parade only
bmikes: unconfirmed
streetpirate: unconfirmed
Mopar440: confirmed all nighter

that's makes 6 jeeps, id love to see more. mecasa es sucasa boys, just post up
ill give it till the end of day for a more official head count. ill be turning in the app 1st thing in the morning.

if you don't make it onto the app, you can still show up and participate, just bring a dollar for extra fee.

Bronze.

C'mon guys and gals!!! Gas is cheap this week and should be at least thru the 4th... Should be a great day, if a little warm... Lol Be sure to bring your favorite refreshments (in moderation, of course!)
BTW... Bronze, what kind of meat should we bring?

ok guys, im doing the application right now. can we get an official head count? and post up your plans for the day please. id like to know how many people are planning on doing what.

we will have a bunch of things going on here at the same time. dad is bringing in a feiw high dollar paintjobs we have done. and jeeps, and maby have our popup up in the front yard with some naxja stuff on it. It will be a mini car show :)

AwesomeXJ: confirmed parade only
bmikes: confirmed
streetpirate: unconfirmed
XJRomeo: Confirmed

that's makes 6 jeeps, id love to see more. mecasa es sucasa boys, just post up
ill give it till the end of day for a more official head count. ill be turning in the app 1st thing in the morning.

if you don't make it onto the app, you can still show up and participate, just bring a dollar for extra fee.

Bronze.

so besides keith , is there any one else staying for the fireworks, or are you all heading out after the parade?

Bronze.

BTW... Bronze, what kind of meat should we bring?

well as of this moment, you are the only ones planning on staying after the parade. if that's the case I don't think you will have to bring anything. we are going to BBQ a turkey and do up some other stuff. right now its just us buddy:wave:

Bronze

AwesomeXJ: confirmed all nighter
bmikes: confirmed
streetpirate: confirmed
XJRomeo: confirmed
that's makes 7 jeeps, id love to see more. mecasa es sucasa boys, just post up

Bronze.

so the plan is BBQ after the parade. we will be doing a pork sholder and a turkey on the BBQ. bring drinks to put in the cooler and some meat or something to set out for the people. if it sounds good to you it sounds good to me :lickout: I love to eat "I know it doesn't show"

typical fair activities during the day. my place is about 4 blocks from the fair /fireworks area. we usualy use or house as a "home base" of sorts. feel free to come and go as you please. one dolor for entry into the fireworks and typical fair food prices. there's a bunch of other stuff going on during the day. check out the "schedule of events" we will head down during the day and set out some stuff to "reserve" our spot for fireworks later on.

its going to be HOT and the parade takes 3hrs so throw a cooler in the jeep. you will not regret it. A/C is a bonus!

I look forward to seeing you all in my neck of the woods.
:party:
Bronze.

aaron, josh.

can one of you bring the remaining shirts from nwfest, goodie bags, and anything from tred lightly you may have left from the event. im going to put a popup out front with a table and tv running some pics of past events (bring some jump drives if you got them) I figure we can setup some stickers and such. sell some shirts, spill kits, and whatever else we have left. while educating the public about our club/sport.

let me know. thanks
Bronze.

aaron, josh.

can one of you bring the remaining shirts from nwfest, goodie bags, and anything from tred lightly you may have left from the event. im going to put a popup out front with a table and tv running some pics of past events (bring some jump drives if you got them) I figure we can setup some stickers and such. sell some shirts, spill kits, and whatever else we have left. while educating the public about our club/sport.

let me know. thanks
Bronze.

Excellent idea John, I have it all and will bring it with.

I don't think we should sell our chapter shirts to the general public. I'm sure there are more than a few folks that want shirts that didn't get one at NWF.

understandable, but the chapter needs to return its funds asap. and no better way to promote the chapter then selling to the general public imo.

if there are people wanting the nwfest shirts, speak up. id like to see them sell one way or the other. the chapter shirts are still available arnt they?

Bronze.

Excellent idea John, I have it all and will bring it with.

thats a great idea guys make sure you take a few notes of how many people you talk to and what not as far as tread lightly is concerned and you can put it towards your hours ;)

still trying to talk the wife into it because i think it would be awesome to have the rig in the parade. it even has the naxja sticker on it now to represent :D

Re: Re: NAXJA and the 4th of July Parade

understandable, but the chapter needs to return its funds asap. and no better way to promote the chapter then selling to the general public imo.

if there are people wanting the nwfest shirts, speak up. id like to see them sell one way or the other. the chapter shirts are still available arnt they?

Bronze.

Either way, we should not sell our chapter shirts to the public. If we need to we can hold a chapter store.

Speaking of shirts, how many of each size do we still have available?

We'll let you guys know our eta Wednesday!

Back