• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The NWC and the 4th of July Parade :feeler:

Bronzewyrm

NAXJA Forum User
I have had this ideah in my head a couple years now, and i wanted to get it out there and see if theres any interest.

on the 4th of july in my home town, there is a festivitys (like many others) there are two days of fireworks, tractor pulls, a parade, food, farmers market, maraton race for charity, car show, firemens breakfast at the firehouse, and much more going on in this little town of 10,000. The parade starts at the Western University campus, and ends at the riverfront park where the food and fireworks are hapening.

ok my ideah... Get the naxja NWC crew together and run our rigs throo the parade! drive'm, tow'em, drag'em. Fly the NAXJA banner throo town, then setup the tent downtown with some club info, pics, swag, rigstack, whatevers. put the kids in the jeeps to throw candy and watterballons @ the crowd:spin1:. it is a great place to bring the family for good times and its a small and safe town. Tessa makes me stay in town every year for the kids, some of my family even comes from cali every year to bring the kids.

my house is on the main street of town! id be willing to make room for people to use the front yard durring the parade if you dont want to run it and just want to watch. also id be willing to let whoever pitch a tent in the back if you dont want to make the drive back up the same night. (post fireworks) and all.

like i said i have had this ideah for a couple years now. with the chapter in its current status i think this could be a good way for some of us to reconnect, off the trail with the familys. And get the NAXJA NWC name out there BIG TIME! to a new "uncharted" area of the chapter.

more info can be found at the website for the event. HERE

well what do you all think? id love to see some of you make it down. and i think it would be a blast for us to run tha parade. it is a good time every time!

:party:
Bronze

O....M....G....

This is freakin awesome. Wow Jon this is such a great idea. I am so down for this.

Looks like we'll have to put together an info board sooner rather than later. I'll try to get some picks and info on us together and ready for print.

And I agree, we need more opportunities to come together as a club off the trail with the families.
:thumbup:

I agree, that is an Awesome idea! I won't make it down there but I sure hope to hear that it turns out to have a great showing of NAXJA NWC and it sounds like everyone should have a great time.

IN IN IN!!!!
Jon,,,,THIS is JUST the kind of thing I want see the chapter doing more of.... I think this is one of the best "chapter activity ideas" I have heard in a long time....
Thank you for thinking of this, and I cant wait to fly the NAXJA banner for this!

tentatively in for this if it happens

just wanted to throw this out there for personal planning. I wanted to get a feel for interest. my summer plans are filling up fast. and with this usually being right after NWFest. id like to be ready for it, and not planning on heading to the other side of the state for those days.

for 2014 do we want to do this again?

Let me know.
Bronze.

In 33%

Back