• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Still seeing Red.

ECKSJAY

Water is dirty
Gee whiz, the stuff it takes to keep some people around here! Glad I made those phone calls and emails today. Oi vey! :callme:

Hooray for the Jeepin' Rabbi! He's one cool cat!

0cdd0770.jpg

due to a commmunication SNAFU ( for you military guys...i think we have a couple in our group ) I have been persuaded to resume my position as your ILLUSTRIOUS, yet somewhat nortorious, VP at large.

actually a guy came to my door last night at gun point after the family was asleep and told me if I didn't that I'd need some knee and shoulder surgery...odd thing was is he was a little overweight, had bad knees and a back himself and went by the name of Phillip... interesting that he has a JEWISH name...??

Here's my photo so when you see me on the road you know just who I am...

JWXJARock.jpg

BTW...I'll be expecting my large compensation check in the mail by next week.

red91inWA said:
due to a commmunication SNAFU ( for you military guys...i think we have a couple in our group ) I have been persuaded to resume my position as your ILLUSTRIOUS, yet somewhat nortorious, VP at large.

actually a guy came to my door last night at gun point after the family was asleep and told me if I didn't that I'd need some knee and shoulder surgery...odd thing was is he was a little overweight, had bad knees and a back himself and went by the name of Phillip... interesting that he has a JEWISH name...??

Here's my photo so when you see me on the road you know just who I am..

BTW...I'll be expecting my large compensation check in the mail by next week.

Glad to hear you're not resigning. Sometimes you guys make my head spin...:confused1

IXNAYXJ said:
No kidding! I've got to cancel my appointment with my interior decorator now too. He was coming by the VP mansion to pick out wall paper for when I was going to move in. Oh, well. ;)

-----Matt-----

that ok matt....I've decorated the inside of maytag refridgerator boxes before...I can help ya out

you couldn't get a bigger picture....

Your little girl shouldn't let you use her crayons...you obviously snap them with those big meat hands of yours....

I'll send her some. ;)

red91inWA said:
you couldn't get a bigger picture....

Your little girl shouldn't let you use her crayons...you obviously snap them with those big meat hands of yours....

I'll send her some. ;)

They'd have teeth marks in them if I got ahold of 'em. :D:D:D

ECKSJAY said:
I see it. Oh boy do I see it.

:D:D:D

*edit* By golly, let's stick this one just because we can! :yelclap:
Oh, do you mean the Oppenheimer quote? That's actually how it goes. It's from Hindu mythology.

"The quote is indeed from the Bhagavad Gita ("Song of the lord"). Some suggest it's a misquote, which would explain the peculiar grammar; but "am become" is not an error but a (poetic) archaism, as in "I am become a name, for always roaming with a hungry heart" (Tennyson, Ulysses). Since Oppenheimer was proficient in sanskrit he apparently read the original text, and the translation is his."

He said it right after the first atomic weapon was tested at Trinity in 1945. Hell, Phil we even talked about this!

Better luck next time, guys. :D

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
Oh, do you mean the Oppenheimer quote? That's actually how it goes. It's from Hindu mythology.

"The quote is indeed from the Bhagavad Gita ("Song of the lord"). Some suggest it's a misquote, which would explain the peculiar grammar; but "am become" is not an error but a (poetic) archaism, as in "I am become a name, for always roaming with a hungry heart" (Tennyson, Ulysses). Since Oppenheimer was proficient in sanskrit he apparently read the original text, and the translation is his."

He said it right after the first atomic weapon was tested at Trinity in 1945. Hell, Phil we even talked about this!

Better luck next time, guys. :D

-----Matt-----

Matt = victim of a drive-by Jewing. :D:D:D

Back