• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME Bastard Spring Pack

DubaiXJ

NAXJA Forum User
After a long trek (800km) with a full load of gear thru the deserts out here, I'm sitting almost 11/2 inches lower on my left side than the right. It looks like I've got a bad case of spring wrap on both sides but far worse on the left. I suspect a combination of tough terrain, heavy loads and that my U Bolts could (should) have been tighter.:doh:

Anyway, I've got a set of OME HD's (JC 2A's IIRC) out back but I need/want a little more lift than what I think they'll give. (I'm at 5" in the front) I've got some 3" extended shackles and a set of 1/2" steel blocks that I can throw in but I think I'm going to come up short.

Could I add a leaf from the old pack, say the main with the bushing loops cut off, or would I be risking destroying the new packs by inserting a wrapped leaf? What about adding the overload leaf as a "mini block" Only 1/4'' I know...

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Andre

Back