• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

00 intake swap

Justpunchit

NAXJA Member #1291
ok i searched this and i found a great site by go jeep but where i have the question he didnt really go over to well (becuase he has a RHD xj) ... i was woundering about where i bolt the power steering pump on the intake.. becuase on my 95 4.0 i have a bracket that lets me adjust it so i can but the belt on.so how do i do that with this new intake that just bolts right on.. or am i missing something?

Not exactly sure what your asking,but the 2k also has an adj built into the PS bracket.I also have a 95,the placement of the pump and idler bearing are completely different.

ok what im asking is when i swap this intake is there an adjustment bracket on the power steering pump like my 95 becuase on the 2000 is looks like the PSP just bolts right onto it... i didnt get to see the whole 00 set up so i dont know what kind of brackets the 00 had on the pump.

I have been reading up on this swap too, you have to swap the intake and the powersteering bracket and idler pulley and a new serp belt to make it work, your ps is no longer the adjustment and make it so much easier to tighten the belt. I have a link to a really good write up saved at work, ill post it up tomm

Nevermind i found it on the 2nd page of this forum heres it is http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6355 gives you all the part numbers you need

Back