• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket Radiators

Harvo

NAXJA Forum User
I have gathered from the threads I searched that GDI's are not that reliable, Modine 2 cores are pretty well favored, and NAPA has a 3 core that works pretty well.

I was browsing at some of the radiator shops online and came across one with a fake tech chat line type question and answer page (like ask Jeeves). You tell it what you want and what your vehicle is and it tells you what part number you need and the price.

With my 93, it kept telling me that it was difficult to find the right part and that 93's are tricky.

Is there really something about the 93 era that makes finding an aftermarket 2 or 3 core radiator tough? Are they difficult to fit or install? I thought this would be an easy mod, but I'm beginning to wonder.

Thanks

I don't know about the 93, specifically. I have a 96 that went through 2 OEM rads in a year. I called up Dirk at DPG Offroad and he sent me a CSF 3 row. Fit like a glove, install was silly easy and I've been cool as a cucumber since then.

There are a few online dealers that have typing chatlike responses that are pre made. Regardless of the yr you put in it tells you that and eventually gives you a phone number to call.

pete

riverfever said:
I called up Dirk at DPG Offroad and he sent me a CSF 3 row. Fit like a glove, install was silly easy and I've been cool as a cucumber since then.
My next radiator is going to be a CSF.

BTW I have a used GDI you can have cheap......I bet it fits your 93 as well as it does my 91.........

DAryl

My Mexican GDI all brass 3 core for a '92 fit the '90 OK. There are small differences in the mounting tabs on top. Two years old, no problem except cold - takes awhile to get up to 195. Got it from an online .com radiator supplier who shipped in one day as cheap as A-zone (including my discount then.)
I read the bad comments about GDI, they seemed mostly about the import chinese radiators early on. The A-zone description was inaccurate - a plastic tank two core was in the box. Back it went.

Modine is now owned by GDI. Who makes the Napa radiator?

TiRod said:
Modine is now owned by GDI.

SPOBI

Modine initiated a merger of aftermarket products with Transpro, which is GoDan's parent company. This spin-off created Proliance, though there's still Modine and Transpro.

Call or look at custom radiators they have an aluminum single row oval 1 3/8 diamiter that works great, I have one with my stroker motor and it keeps it cool.

Go to radiatorbarn.com

I bought a 3-row, all-metal radiator from them for my 91 4.0 XJ. Less than $150.00 shipped. When it arrived I was pleasantly surprised that it was a CSF radiator. Even said CSF on the box. It's been great ... easy install, very solid-feeling radiator.

ECKSJAY said:
SPOBI

Modine initiated a merger of aftermarket products with Transpro, which is GoDan's parent company. This spin-off created Proliance, though there's still Modine and Transpro.

There is still Modine, however if you try to get the 2 row all metal radiator (2802 IIRC) it is aluminum with plastic end tanks now.

-Mike

I just want more opinions on the best aftermaket radiators for my 99 & my fiaces 96 xjs.
I was looking for a 3 row and while the aluminum ones seem to outcool others, they seem to be too pricy.
I did search by the way. Most posts were about "I have...", not nesecarilly what I want or think would be better. Also many were older and I wanted to know if anybody knew of newr products, or had fresher ideas.

Thanks

what DO you want, or what DO you think would be better? All I can tell you is that "I have" purchased form radiatorbarn.com. I got a two row, but they do have three rows and at VERY reasonable prices and next day delivery( received mine in about 19 hours at around $105) don't know if that is something you would be interested in or not.

Back