• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior 'reading' lights'

citRon

NAXJA Forum User
hey all. '96 Sport -the interior dome light above the driver and passenger has the 2 little bubble looking 'reading' or 'map' lights on the front half of it. One of the bulbs is out on one of these little lights only. No big deal, right? Just need a new bulb. Yeah- but I guess I'm to stupid to figure out how to get to the bulb! I can pull of the cover for the main dome light easy enough, but I can't figure out how to get to the little lights- it looks like the whole assembly is riveted to the roof-? I tried prying or popping it off, but it doesn't budge. I looked in the owner's manual, -no luck. Anyone know how to do this?

XgeekstarX said:
in my 92 there is just a single screw at the front in the middle. when you take that out you just slide the console back and it pops off the little bracket.

....and once it pops off unplug it and there is a bulb holder on each side. I think the bulbs come in a two pack so you might as well replace them both at once. That's what I did when I did mine. I also replaced the dome light bulb at the same time.

XgeekstarX said:
in my 92 there is just a single screw at the front in the middle. when you take that out you just slide the console back and it pops off the little bracket.
..there's no screw on the front of mine, and when I pull on it, to try to pop it off, I hear the headliner material crunching.

citRon said:
..there's no screw on the front of mine, and when I pull on it, to try to pop it off, I hear the headliner material crunching.

Take the cver off and then take the bulb for the dome light out and the screw will (should) be under where the bulb is.

Back