• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upper rear shock mounts

do you mean the upper rear shock mounts on the body, or hte lower rear shock mounts on the axle tube? I've seen some of the latter. They cut off the lower shock mount and rotated it up the tube, cut it to fit, welded it back on, and instantly had more clearence for free. Dont know if thats what you want.

jwilson6 said:
Does anyone have pictures of raised upper rear shock mounts?
713831_70_full.jpg

Sorry it's so blurry, my camera would not cooperate.

Last edited:
jelrod said:
713831_70_full.jpg

Sorry it's so blurry, my camera would not cooperate.
That would be a "lowered" mount.Real bad if you want travel.

RCP Phx said:
That would be a "lowered" mount.Real bad if you want travel.
Bad in what way? These will allow me more droop with the same shocks. They won't affect my wheel stuff because my tires hit the inside of the fender wells way befor the shock bottoms out due to my stock rims.

Here's mine...

1/4" wall rect. tubing cut to fit and welded. If you are talking axle end which, IMO if you're going to do it, would be the better way.
Still need to grind off the old mounts in that pic, but you can see the new mount. It also retains the original angle of the shock.

Rear_shock_mount.JPG

Rear_shock_mount_2.JPG

if your doing a lift kit and preparing for it, start spraying with PB Blaster now.

I did my lift the other day, and had been spraying with PB Blaster, Luquid Wrench, and some ZEP one, and all 4 of mine came out, not a single broken one.

Dirk Pitt said:
Here's mine...

1/4" wall rect. tubing cut to fit and welded. If you are talking axle end which, IMO if you're going to do it, would be the better way.
Still need to grind off the old mounts in that pic, but you can see the new mount. It also retains the original angle of the shock.

Rear_shock_mount.JPG

Looks good Adam...

Seems vaguely familiar...

:D

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg

EDIT: mine are stock mounts cut down and re-shaped

Last edited:
Back