• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xj upper control arms?

I don't personally run them, but have installed countless sets of them.

The question would be why, your introducing weakness for what reason?

What is your thoughts on them?

They’re not my favorite. I would do the single adjustable ones over the double adjustable. They’re just a pain to work with and not worth it, in my opinion. I’ve also been seeing a lot of issues with Metalcloak’s joints recently. They changed something about them a while back, and the new versions just haven’t been holding up like they used to.

Last edited:
IMO, the best joints on the market are Summit Machine Flex joints, which TnT Customs uses in their Rock-Tek control arms. I've run their YLink setup for 15+ years and when I pulled the arms off to repaint and install a Summit joint refresh kit, the pivot ball showed zero wear (used micrometer) and the only reason that I replaced the nylon bushings is that Summit added a machined grease groove to improve lubrication distribution. 15+ years and over 130K miles of use with zero wear, can't get better than that.

https://tntcustoms.com/product/jeep-tj-lj-xj-adjustable-front-upper-rock-tek-short-control-arms/

Back