• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

doorless.....

tone

NAXJA Forum User
Thinking about taking my doors off (front) 97, and was just wondering if theres a write up or some pics so I dont F anything up..... doors are manual locks,windows power mirrors. And is there something I can buy to make the doors so I can just slip them on and off?
-thanks

Last edited:
tons of info on different ways to do it, cutting the hinges, getting them back on correctly to dealing with the wiring. its a little time consuming but can be done.

-

T-40 bolts are a biatch
I ended up pressing the head of my 3/8 T-40 and using a 1/4" wrench on that so I could get in behind the bolts
ohh vea make sure ya take the fuse out otherwise the interior lights will stay on

VegasAnthony said:
T-40 bolts are a biatch
I ended up pressing the head of my 3/8 T-40 and using a 1/4" wrench on that so I could get in behind the bolts
ohh vea make sure ya take the fuse out otherwise the interior lights will stay on

You do not need to pull the hinges off.

Ohh....I just took the bulb out.

Rev

Last edited:
there is a wire you can unplug that will do it too, its under the plastic door sill

if you dont like it leave, or just keep it to yourself

JeepFreak21 said:
How is that different from us bitching about people not searching?
Billy
dude search and you shall recieve your answer...

damn noobs:rolleyes:

xjj33p3r said:
I thought pulling the fuse out turned off your radiator... or is there another one that will turn off the dome light???

Yup. I just inscewed the little switch that tell the light to turn off, and unplugged the wire behind it. Works for all 4 doors, and you can still use the lights when you need to.

Jeepkid8037 said:
Yup. I just inscewed the little switch that tell the light to turn off, and unplugged the wire behind it. Works for all 4 doors, and you can still use the lights when you need to.
who the hell do you think you are going back on topic

Well, I did that for my driver door, but go figure... the little wire went strait back through the hole, and I haven't seen it since.... :( Any way to get that sucker back so I can have my dome light turn on again?

will it not work at all with that off? i thought it just stopped it from coming on with the door. if your right i'm gonna be pissed. i thought i tore up something since my light has worked in ages. time to hook that sucker back up and see what happens

cherowagon said:
this is a prime example of what i am always bitching at.

So....I informend him about the Search function, and gave him the link. I really thought I was helping.....guess I should just STFU. Thats what I get for trying to be nice to the noobs, a kick in the fing teeth.

Rev

Back