• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Would anyone recommend a companies interior cage?

xjj33p3r

NAXJA Member #1108
Hello everyone,
I've been considering getting an interior cage installed in my 4 door, because the other day, I almost flipped it, and it made me realize how scary flipping can be at highway speeds. For the most part, I just want something that will provide a safe surrounding for me and my passengers, plus some structural rigidity. It doesn't have to be an interior cage that is overly elaborate with tons of piping, but maybe something more simple that will still provide protection. Any recommendation is appreciated.

I have no first hand experience but this looks like a good start. I would add a little more bracing but that's me - nothing exceeds like excess.
http://www.dandcextreme.com/product_template.asp?pkID=126
Keep in mind, the "tons of elaborate piping" aren't there for looks. That IS what gives you the safe surroundings.

x5 for D&C's cage!

I have seen numerous guys w/it and its a good looking stout cage at a good price.

I'll be getting one installed before EJS.

:cheers:

hjeepxj said:
x5 for D&C's cage!

I have seen numerous guys w/it and its a good looking stout cage at a good price.

I'll be getting one installed before EJS.

:cheers:

How do these D and C kits tie into the uniframe?

just tool a look at their cage, anyone use it with a 2 door?

Also it says on their site

"Material is 1.5" x .120" wall (HREW) tube. All bends are made with JD2 Model 4 BENDER (No crush bends). DOM is available at additional price."

What is HREW tube, and how much extra is the DOM.The cages I've seen all use
DOM

Sorry, I thought I had found a picture of a 2 door kit, but I just noticed the rear doors. Here's the image anyways
dnc205i.jpg

cloudswimmer said:
How do these D and C kits tie into the uniframe?

Too be honest, I don't know yet. Maybe someone w/their cage will chime in.

hillbilly_jeeper said:
just tool a look at their cage, anyone use it with a 2 door?

I am not 100% sure they have it out for purchase yet? Could be wrong. I know Troy (yellaheep) and Jeff (planefixer) both have 2 door versions.

W00H00!!!1 1k posts!!!!!11 :D :wierd:

xjj33p3r said:
Seems like this is the best choice so far. Here is another cage I've found, let me know what you guys think http://www.rockhard4x4parts.com/cherokeexj.htm

Good 1. I was going to post about them, but I listed hardcore4x4.com in yahoo and couldn't find them. I've looked into getting the cage from them.
Troy

I'd love to get their cage and everything, but to be honest, it's a bit pricey for what an 18 year old like me could afford. I mean, I could wait it out a lot longer, and just get the more expensive cage, but I wanted to know if there was any real difference between the cages, since one seems to be just thicker tubing, and a different design towards the rear end of the vehicle.

Wolz said:

How do theirs tie in to the unibody?The best setup I've seen yet short of doing one yourself is from Dave Turner motorsports.They weld brackets right to the unibody, then holes are cut through the floor boards and the tubing goes down through the floor and attaches to these brackets.Very pricey however.

If you think about it, you could do the exact same with the asshogger kit. It bolts to the floor, which means drilling is required. So, after you've already marked the location of where the cage should be underneath the jeep, make some rockers that the cage can bolt into. That's what I've seen baertrax do for their TJ and CJ cages, so it shouldn't be very different for XJ's.

I like that asshogger cage! Anybody know the price??-------Kyle

Back