• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fram Fuel Filter

PearlCountry

NAXJA Forum User
I changed the fuel filter this weekend......TWICE.

Bought a Fram and it leaked at the seam where the two halves were joined together. Took it back and got a refund. Went across the highway to NAPA and bought their filter. It is made by WIX, cost 50% more but it doesn't leak.

One of these days I am going to learn to go to NAPA first.

I personally would never use anything that says FRAM on it.
Just don't like em.
Yet I just put Autolite plugs in.........owned by fram, or the other way around.
But I never liked their filtration items much.

I just replaced my fuel filter friday. I go to O'Reilly's so I got a Wix as well. No leaks yet, got my fingers crossed.

Fram's reputation has hit rock bottom in the past few years. Experienced some oil pressure problems a few years back in an FSJ, after installing a new Fram filter. Replaced it with another Fram, same problem. Installed a Purolator, problem disappeared. Since then I have found a few filter comparisons on the web, and they all rate Fram the lowest. I also use Autolite plugs - no complaints.

Back