• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

resonator exhaust tip

Atl XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I love the sound of the exhaust on my XJ (95 4.0l/AW4) but its really loud on the hwy at interstate speeds, the faster I go the louder it is. Not to sound like a *****, but it really does hurt my ears. I spent too much money on the exhaust just the throw the money away and I really do love the sound, especially under WOT it sounds great, but I want to tone it down a little bit so I don't kill my hearing before the age of 30, lol.

I have a Flowmaster 50 series Deltaflow, Magnaflow high flow cat, and 2.5" pipes from the cat back and it exits in the stock location with a turn down in the pipe like factory. The header and downpipe are factory. Actually, the tailpipe is slightly shorter than the stock pipe. I'm thinking that a resonator tip would not only quiet it down a little, but it would extend the pipe a few inches farther so the sound would exit past the bumper and maybe i would get less sound inside the vehicle. The ones I looked at online were 9" long, so I did some measurements and if I cut off the exhaust right at the bend where it turns down and put the tip on there it would be the perfect length, it would just exit straight out under the muffler (just a little past it) instead of turned down underneath it.

Does this plan sound like it would help? Also, does anyone know of a good brand to try and is it better to get one welded on or is the screw on type okay?

I have the smallest one made by Monza/Pacesetter and it does help out. Still barks a little when it is wide open though. I got mine for around $35 from JC Whitney and they are screw on or weld.
The best part is that it doent look like a fart pipe or coffee can.

Try www.angelusplating.com for their exhaust tips

They do not sell directly from their factory. Rather, just write down the part #, look-up for a retailer nearest you, and order from them.

Excellent quality!

Back